“A very nice enjoyable experience”
Review of Brasserie de Novo

Brasserie de Novo
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie de Novo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 138 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2016

This was our first time visiting Nova ,We were seated immediately for our 6:15 reservation on a Friday.We were the only people there when we arrived before it started to fill in by 7 pm.We used the valet only beacause it was much easier than looking for parking at the time.This is a BYO no cocktail bar.Our waiter was very knowledgeable and explained every dish along with every ingredient as well.The blend of spices used is very well balanced too enhance the dish.Aside from the menu was offered two appitisers and an entrée of Mahi mahi blackened with their own combination of spices.We also enjoyed the Lambchops that were cooked to perfection and very meaty.The appetizers of smoked rolled salmon filled with vegetables and baked hazelnuts along with the halloumi cigars were delicious.We brought a bottle of wine that our server placed in a wine bucket by the table for us. We never felt rushed and our water glasses were always full.Our server was consistently checking up on us throughout the meal.The desert menu was simple and all made on the premises.I would not hesitate to go back to Novo again and bring a friend.

1  Thank irishwhiskey135
RafiCohen37, Owner at Brasserie de Novo, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2016

Thank you for the great review! We strive for the experience you received and plan to keep it that way! Hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2016

Having been to Nova in the past I had raved about the wonderful salmon I had experience. Last nights was rather mediocre, the portion seamed smaller than before and was on the dry side even though we had requested medium to medium rare when asked. Not that I think there is an excuse for a difference in quality I will note that they were very busy. The soup of the day was insanely delicious and vibrant in taste which is what I have come to expect from Nova and I almost thought my friend who had the lamb was going to lick her plate clean it was so good. I would still recommend this restaurant as being one of the best in town, and will return.

1  Thank Misstgale

Thank you for the review, we appreciate the feedback! We will take the steps to insure this doesn't happen again! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2016

Lunch portions could not be smaller. Cauliflower must have been in abundance that day. On almost all the dishes. Would not return.

Reviewed June 1, 2016

Excellent appetizers. The Muhammara was excellent and so were the eggplant chips & the halloumi cigars.The pita served with the dips was pillowy and moist.
The Mediterranean grilled chicken salad was a disappointment and put a damper on the meal.
There was no marinade/spice on the chicken at all. it was just plain grilled chicken so I wonder where the Mediterranean part came into it. Had to ask for a sauce to go with it as it was so dry.
But the ambience was good and I would go back just for the appetizers.

Reviewed May 26, 2016

This restaurant, with the nicest décor in the area, serves really good Mediterranean dishes with consistency. The service is wonderful and it's BYO, so you can bring great wines of your choice.