See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 23, 2018

Really strange room. There were two bedroom separated by the bathroom. The room with the television was up front and had a queen size bed. The back bedroom had a king size bed but there were no lights except for a small weak light on the wall. No door. Motel was quite close to the highway and the Garden State Expressway to there was a lot of road noise. At least, there were no bugs to deal with. The wifi signal was weak even though I was just a couple of doors from the office. The walls were paper thin so conversations from the next room could be heard.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Rev Johannes M
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Rio Grande, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear Rev Johannes, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

I thought I was lucky to get "the last room" at 9:30 pm on a Saturday night, but how I wish they hadn't had a room for me at all. Box spring was black with mold along the sides, there were burn holes in the bedspread and the deadbolt for the door did not work. I contacted Guest Relations to request a refund and was denied because they have no record of my stay. (I paid cash, and the employee gave me a *hand-written* receipt.) Contacting Better Business Bureau next. Motel 6 should revoke the franchise (or whatever) pronto. I use to trust their brand, but not anymore!

Room tip: Not room #127. It was awful!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

I went to this motel thinking okay it can't be that bad but believe me it was worse than bad it was terrible. They wanted over 300 a night and then on top of it they charged my card twice and refused to give me my money back. There were roaches it was jut horrible. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Worst motel ever probably even worse than the Shelton motel which is all crack heads.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2017

This place l am sorry to say was a motel hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L ALMOST GOT EATEN ALIVE BY BED BUGS........ The room was infested with the blood sucking critters....Thank GOD that they are not known to give humans any kind of diseases. Stay away you were forewarned.......

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Eli R
Reviewed August 10, 2016

The smell of the room is enough to make anyone sick but what are they covering up with all that fragrance is what worries me. Also it was very dirty. I have no idea what all the stuff on the mirror was. It looked like someone was shooting snot rockets at it all night. If that was not bad enough the doors do not stayed locked when little hands pull the way too low handle. My children kept fleeing this God awful room feet away from a main highway and the Garden state Parkway. Not to mention the pool right in front of my room. We left and stayed 1/2 an hour. You can keep my money! My kids lives are more important. DEATH TRAP! I wonder if their insurance company covers drowning and liability?

Date of stay: August 2016