“Nice Place to have a small party”

Monsun Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #6 of 32 Restaurants in River Edge
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Set up is nice. Its BYOB. We had a diwali dinner for 25 people. Good food and good service. My family had a nice time.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Monsanto is a one month old Indo Chinese restaurant in the former home of Babylon Turkish restaurant. Newly decorated and expanded it is large and quite attractive. We ordered traditional Indian food which was okay, not great bud good. Masala Dosa was excellent, palak Paneer was very good and the lamb vindaloo was fair but not spicy enough. Garlic naan was very good. BYO and large parking lot.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

was pleasantly surprised at this restaurant..we had the indian food and it was delicious, cooked well and a great variety of dishes.The decor is nice and the staff very friendly, the owner visited the tables and spoke with the customers. Usually when a place is newly opened there are a few kinks to iron out but that didn't happen here everything was spot on. It had been open only 2 weeks when we visited and would definitely go back and will often since it's very local to us and there haven't been many choices for good indian food in the area

Reviewed September 17, 2017

This is a new place in RIver Edge, NJ. We did not go in but ordered delivery. Sadly, their delivery person called in sick so I had to go pick up the food. We focused on the Indo-Chinese portion of the menu since we really dont have a good place to eat Indo-Chinese food in Northern NJ. So we were hoping for the best here. We got the egg fried rice, monsun noodles, chili fish and chicken manchurian. Our spring rolls were substituted with chicken lollipops since they were out of spring rolls. And we had also asked for a Prawns Koliwada appetizer but they missed this item and I ended up asking for a refund ($12). The food was OK overall. Taste was fine. Quantities were on the lower side. Here are some of my critical comments. The quality of the rice and noodles was as if someone cooked it in a hurry and squeezed it into the box. The egg on the fried rice was a clump in the center. It should have been evenly distributed in the box. For the cost, I would expect better. The chicken manchurian is supposed to have chicken meatballs in the gravy. Instead they used pieces of chicken. But, I think most restaurants serving Indo-Chinese food do the same thing in North America.
If I go here again, I will try the north indian menu.

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

I recently went to this new Indian restaurant in River Edge, NJ, Monsun.

I was pleasantly surprised. The food was fantastic, decor very nice, price was reasonable and the wait staff very attentive. All in all, this is now one of my favorite restaurants! Taking my family for the Sunday afternoon buffet!