“Family Christmas day dinner.”

Black Bull Steakhouse & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Bull Steakhouse & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Riverdale
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Description: You'll feel at home and well taken care of at Black Bull Steakhouse & Seafood. Our locally owned, family-operated restaurant draws on 22 years of experience. Chef Thomas worked for 19 years at Peter Luger in Brooklyn, NY. All of our staff have experience in Italian-themed and steakhouse restaurants in the city. Now we offer our New Jersey clientele that same level of 5-star excellence in both food and service.
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

I took the family here for Christmas dinner. Party of eight and we all enjoyed it. Best porterhouse steak I every had. service was great. real nice place with valet parking. going back soon and telling everyone about this place.

1  Thank Tommy O

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I dine out a lot, usually in NYC. We were invited here by friends. They had been here once before and liked it. They have a different opinion now. Service was slow, our waiter Nolan seemed to have a bit of an attitude. We ordered appetizers, I had the bacon steak, it was ok, a bit fatty. The calamari was in eatable, they removed it from the bill. Our main courses were ok, The steaks were ok, no real flavor. The waiter forgot some of the sides. What was interesting was, there was a table that was there before us, and one that came in about 15 minutes after us. But, all 3 tables were served at the same time. Which meant our food as well as the other tables food was sitting out for a while. Apparently they had a wedding downstairs and not enough staff to cover it. My pet peeve is the Cokes. We were charged for every one. Most restaurants don't charge you for refills, even in NYC. We were charged for 10 sodas. When we said something about it to our waiter, he said he gave us some free refills. He didn't, when we counted, we only had 8, we were charged for 2 we didn't have. That's $25 worth of soda. This place is trying to be a New York style restaurant and they charge the same prices as NYC. But, It falls far short of the mark. The staff was a bit snooty and pretentious, and the maitre d' didn't seem to care about our complaints. I will not be back. I'd rather head into the city then eat there again.

1  Thank ajerseyguy1
Reviewed October 14, 2017

My husband and I stopped in last night for dinner on a whim. So glad we picked this place! OMG this place is phenomenal. Expensive? Yes but well worth it. Best porterhouse I have ever had and we've been to some of the best...Ruth Chris, Peter Luger's etc. This place is just as good if not better. Our server was wonderful. Everything we ordered was excellent! We had a great time and didn't have to travel into the city. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed October 14, 2017

Atmosphere was nice, We ordered the a T Bone and the Seafood Fra Diavolo. The food was good but the overall bill was very expensive. I will have to think before I return. Service was good.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

This restaurant is trying to be a NYC steakhouse, but fails..the only thing resembling NYC are their prices...Way overpriced for Riverdale, Nj. Everyone at our table was dressed properly for a saturday night out, but the table next to us, omg..hoodies, baseball caps and sandals!! at these prices they should enforce some kind of dress code...The cheapest bottle of wine on the menu is 48.00.. thats not right, not everyone wants to spend that for wine.. as for the Beef, just ok, nothing special at all...thats my take on Black Bull..

2  Thank Donald H