“First time to a thia restaurant”
Review of Thai Nam Phet

Thai Nam Phet
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Rockaway
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

It was more than I expected food was great and the server helped me pick out something no too spicy. It was girls night out and we all enjoyed it. BYO so it was very reasonably priced

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I tried this place for the first time. We will definitely be back. We had the curry puffs appetizer and they were delicious. We also had their special of the day, Mango Shrimp. It was scrumptious!! It was in a sweet and spicy sauce with cashews and vegetables.

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the variety of dishes using fresh ingredients with just enough kick or more if you are so inclined.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

Twice I have been to this restaurant and twice I have ordered the drunken noodles, sampled the chicken satay appetizer, and had some other specialties. The coconut juice is fantastic. The food is good. Not amazing, not just okay, but good. The layout is a bit odd. It is more diner style than a restaurant, but the food is relatively cheap, the service is good, and you never leave hungry.

For entrees, I would definitely recommend sticking to the vegetarian options and the seafood. I did not enjoy the way the chicken was prepared either time I visited and it detracted from the rest of the dish. However, the chicken satay sticks are delicious.

Reviewed April 22, 2018

Sorry, this might be a timing thing? Ate late-afternoon. Tried several things. Everything looked and tasted great. Good service, too. However, the next day I suffered a bout of diarrhea and felt lightly ill for 24-hours.

I have to guess, but it may be that mid-day, some food left out too long without refrigeration, heated up when served. One time of this and I do not return.