“Tasty variety”

Dynasty Buffet
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in Saddle Brook
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 23, 2016

This is one of my favorite Chinese buffet places. They always have a wide variety of foods including Chinese and American dishes. I especially like their tripe. The food is fresh and never dried out like some other buffets. The place is clean and the staff are attentive. It's all you can eat and everything is included except the drinks. You have to pay extra for soda. I am never disappointed when I go.

Reviewed March 17, 2016

I live in NYC but had a job interview in NJ yesterday (Wednesday). You know the toll of Washington Bridge is $15 we'd better do something more before going getting back to the city. Refilling gas is one another must :) I drove my parents to Dynasty buffet after the interview finished at 4:30pm. ( I yelped this restaurant which has 4 stars and chose it for the cheaper price than Minado. ) We arrived at 4:40pm, the dinner period began (weekdays 4pm-9:30pm, all-you-can-eat) and there had been a few tables customers.

The reception staff was friendly but she asked us to choose what kind of drink (soda, tea, etc). Don't choose anything but water or you will be charged additionally for the drink. We didn't know so we had to pay $20 each plus $1.29 for hot tea. It costs just little but nobody likes this trick. Anyway, we immediately jumped into the buffet line.

The restaurant was not huge, but you have a lot to eat in variety.
Seafood: long-legged crab (good size and kept refilling), mussel, fresh clam & oyster (bigger than those in some casino buffet!)
Sushi: Really fresh salmon, tuna.
Grill: ( a tag shown only for dinner) steak, turkey, mushroom, chicken, rib...and Peking Duck!!!
The rest are those things you can find from other buffet restaurants: soups, fresh salad, hot dishes, sushi rolls, fry foods, cakes. Oh they have unlimited ice cream!
Staffs: friendly and they cleaned the dirty dishes real quick.

Under $25(including tax & tip) with fresh food and crab legs, I find nowhere.

1  Thank Ginny2046
Reviewed October 25, 2015 via mobile

I came here with a colleague of mine the buffet was really wonderful the food was really fresh the only reason why I gave it a poor rating was cuz the waitress kept asking for a tip and as we were leaving the hostess asks us to tip more than what we were leaving very unprofessional

6  Thank Michael W
Reviewed September 2, 2015

I visited this location with my father and I must say he truly enjoyed it. The food is acceptable and the selection is great. This is a typical Asian buffet and represents a good value if you are looking to eat large quantities of food.

1  Thank Edgar E
Reviewed August 27, 2015

So, I'll preface my comments and say that I have a somewhat bias with these types of places. I try to keep an open mind, but I've experienced so few "good" ones. That said, I heard good things about this place, was enthusiastic and looking forward to going. I don't frequent AYCE buffets, and while I might not be a big fan, I've been to numerous ones. I would always want to enjoy one and enjoy good food.

Bottom line -- it's OK. Average. Typical. I tried a variety of foods -- and while most of them tasted OK, a few good, I just don't think the quality of the food was that good. Various meats were tough, fatty, etc. Some were dried out and while that may have been preparation/presentation, that's an issue for me.

The sushi seemed good -- decent quality of fish and was prepared OK. The Chinese food -- sesame chicken, various shrimp dishes, etc. -- was good, good flavor, taste, etc. The various salad/cold dishes were good too. Much of the other food was bland, and some dishes were very salty -- a big turn-off for me.

Overall, I think this place will fill a need/want, and many people will enjoy it for what it is -- a local, AYCE buffet. I found it to be average and typical for what these types of places are.