“It was a place to sleep!”
Review of Dry Dock Motel

Dry Dock Motel
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed in rental house 38A with a group of 8 people, all in our 20s. It was definitely no five star hotel, but it was in the perfect location. It was definitely stumbling distance from the beach, boardwalk, pier, and clubs. Parking ended up being no problem (during 4th of July week), so we were able to keep 3 cars in the driveway the whole time. The house came with toilet paper, sheets/pillows, and towels. We brought everything else we needed for the week. The best (and most surprising) part was that the rooms all had AC units and they were on full blast when we arrived. Ken (the owner of both the motel and the properties) was great about getting us whatever we needed. If you're not looking for anything fancy, and you like to party, this place is perfect.

Room Tip: Watch the virtual tours of each rental property.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 July 2011

Great motel to stay at in a perfect location! Ken and CJ are exceptional A+++

1  Thank maximax2683
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I was not happy at all with this hotel. Our room was never cleaned any of the three days we stayed. No fresh towels, and no clean sheets. It was gross! The electric went off when we tried to use a blowdryer and the water pressure was bad in the shower! The pool was never cleaned and there was a large group of people bbqing with the bass on high in there car all hours of the day and night. I'd never recommend this place or stay here again. I don't think its too much to ask for clean towels and a fresh bed. Sorry but it was gross and unbelievable!

1  Thank Bm1981
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We only stayed 2 nights...check in was easy...but..not enough parking! Had to complain about finding a spot...after being squeezed into a spot(and scared my car would be hit) we entered the room....bare minimum room(which was expected) but bathroom smelled of urine...and was not clean, like other motels I've been in at seaside! But, you get what you pay for, and this motel was very cheap, and close to the board walk!....stay was fine, upon check out...I returned the key, they checked the room, and said I was good to go....I inquired about the 100 deposit to be rufunded to my card, they said they didn't charge it! But, I showed them my reciept, and I was charged(they weren't going to give it back), so because I kept the reciept...they refunded the 100...also, there was someone else checking out, and they said there room had bed bugs!!!!!!! They got eaten up that night, I che,kex for bed bugs in our room, and ours was fine, but don't think ill stay there again!

Reviewed 14 May 2011

Hello,

I just found the Dry Dock Hotel card in one of my luggage and wanted to write a great review about my family experience and the great customer service at the front desk(Thanks SAM!!).

We were in NJ during Columbus day weekend this past October and needed to stay in town last minute. I stopped by the Dry Dock office and met gentlemen by the name of Sam. He was extremely friendly and nice. I told him I needed a house to sleep 8 people, He personally drove me and my cousin in his beautiful white suv to show us a house we could rent. The house was perfect for our one night stay. We told Sam if it was possible to remove extra furniture from the living room and within 30 mins his employees were at the house removing it for us.

This is a great place to stay, the houses are good but the customer service from management is great!! We highly recommend this establishment. If Dry Dock still has the great prices we were offered, this summer I will definitely be booking a lot of weekend getaways this summer and rent Dry Dock houses each stay.

Thanks!!
German

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Our group came late in spring to enjoy the beach and boardwalk before all the crazy summer tourists arrived. Our stay here was quite pleasant, we were able to hit the boardwalk and clubs, and it was still quiet during the day so we could sleep in and relax. Can't wait to come back next time!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
riddhisiddhi, Owner at Dry Dock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2011

Hi Dear Guest
Thanks for your feedack.We made lot of renovation.Please come and stay in 2011 summer.
Sam

Reviewed 1 March 2011

the location and place worked well for my family. the floor in the middle room had a leak from somewhere and was soaked. we advised the hotel at the time of checkout. we will see if the problem is still there when we return this year to the same place.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Sky View Manor Motel
#12 of 39 in Seaside Heights
1 km away
Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / Toms River
Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / ...
#28 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Dry Dock Motel? Share your experiences!