Belmont Motel(Seaside Heights)
Book now, pay at stay
US$69
Anchor Motel(Seaside Heights)
US$95
Franklin Terrace Motel(Seaside Heights)(Great Value!)
US$99
Bay Breeze Motel(Seaside Heights)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$99
Sunrise Motel(Seaside Heights)(Great Value!)
US$159
Mark III Motel(Seaside Heights)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$75
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Palm Villa Suites Hotel(Seaside Heights)
US$85
Sunset Motel(Seaside Heights)
US$135
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

We have been to Seaside Heights 3 times now. The Sea Garden is typical Seaside. The hotel is outdated and run down. But the location is everything. We parked the car for the long weekend and walked everywhere. 2 blocks to the pier and 5 to Breakwater Beach. It was a 2 bedroom which was perfect and the price was reasonable. No complaints.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2016

Stayed here for one night in August 2016. Our room was "clean" but stains could be seen all over the unmatched furniture that is from the 70s. The thought of what could caused these stains makes one nauseous. Pretty disgusting. Im not lying when I say the toilet was unusable. There was no room to sit because the toilet was so close to wall in front of it. Surprised it passed code. I would never stay here again. Needs a major update to change my mind.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

It is horrendous! Run away!! Upon entering we were hit with a stench of an awful cleaner, but hey at least they used one. Then there were no towels and not enough parking. Asked for towels, got blood stained ones! There was sand in the beds. We felt the springs in the mattresses. The stairs to the rooms were moldy because of the condensation from the rooms. They dripped on you as you walked up and down which was disgusting. Then the ceiling in the bathroom was leaking; management wouldn't fix it but said they would do something in the morning. Morning came and we were told to check out (10am) without any showers. No discount no offer to shower in a different room... paid over $500 to not have showered in 2 days with my entire family!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2016

We got into a jam and were unable to get a second night at our go-to spot...This review is a difficult one---First off I want to Thank the super---I believe his name was Hugo...Parking was full and he loaned us a special pass where are car was safe on the street...I drank too much and lost my head when a guy smacked his 3 year child...Hugo diffused the argument and helped me get back to my room without anymore problems...Can I take the room apart-certainly--but I wont---It was clean which is what counts most---I will simply say--better pillows would be appreciated----my AC ran harsh for whatever reason--why someone hung a picture at chest level is beyond me--and I am not sure where these folks buy their furniture...The pool was awesome---most people were very friendly--plenty of toys for kids of all ages in the pool....The young man cleaning up in the morning was another gift---I watched as he wiped and replaced ash-trays outside rooms---some folks had left phones-glasses--and even a purse outside their rooms---he simply went about his business of cleaning--and didn't take anything....TY

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 439bud
Reviewed June 29, 2016

First of all, I truly feel bad about writing this review. This motel has both standard motel rooms and two bedroom suites with living room/full kitchen. This review is about our stay in one of the standard motel rooms.

My wife and I found ourselves unexpectedly looking to spend one night at the New Jersey Shore in order to avoid traffic tie-ups going toward NYC. We had not planned on an overnight trip so we didn't have a computer, change of clothes, toiletries or our medications. We thought that rather than stay at a hotel near the Garden State Parkway, we would make an adventure out of it and try staying close to the boardwalk at Seaside Heights instead. This was our mistake. We didn't have a computer with which we could have checked TripAdvisor, so we decided it was still early enough to cruise the area and pick out a nice place to stay. There are no national chain hotels/motels in Seaside Heights. The only places near the boardwalk appeared seedy and populated by large groups of late teens/early twenties youths (without chaperones which were sorely needed.) I contacted a friend who is familiar with Seaside Heights and I was informed "There are no nice places to stay in Seaside Heights near the boardwalk but that said, The Sea Garden is the best of the lot."

We found the Sea Garden and it was a block and a half from the boardwalk. We were checked in by a very nice gentleman who gave us a very good off season rate as the motel was just about empty. I think there were only two rooms rented the night we were there in late June on a weeknight. We checked into the room and immediately went to the boardwalk for boardwalk type amusements fun. Before we returned to our room, we had dinner at Klee's restaurant which is almost next door to the motel. (The dinner at Klee's was very good and we were referred there by the gentleman who checked us into the Sea Garden.) When we got back to the room to stay in for the night that is when we discovered what didn't come with this room that we've come to expect as basics for any hotel/motel stay.

Not in order of importance, but here is what we didn't have:
Window at outside walkway didn't lock.
Door only had a locking door knob, no security chain.
No telephone in the room.
No plastic cups or glasses in the room.
No ice machine.
Very small towels, no facecloths or tissues.

I was able to wedge an item into the window track that would prevent somebody outside from sliding the window open. Bring a 2 foot 4 inch dowel with you to put into the track to block someone from sliding it open. I put two empty soda cans on top of each other against the door so they would fall over if someone opened the door in the middle of the night. Make sure you have your cell phone charger with you so that you can keep your cell phone working while in the room. Bring some plastic cups with you and buy a bag of ice at the liquor store across the street. (There is a very good dorm room sized refrigerator in the room.) If you need a large bath towel or facecloth, bring them with you.

The good -
The employees were friendly and helpful.
The pool looked very clean and welcoming. (We had no swimwear with us.)
The room was clean and functional.
The location was excellent.
The hot water was hot and the refrigerator was cold.

I started this review by saying I feel bad about writing this review. That is because the people there were so nice, and if they would only fix some important items I would gladly upgrade my evaluation of this motel. We had a very good night sleeping in the comfortable beds. The security problems are a huge concern however. The primary concern of any traveler is "How secure is the room I am staying in?" They need to fix the window locks issue right away even if they need to permanently screw the windows closed. (But there are alternatives that are more cost effective and will keep the windows opening to a degree.) The doors need a second lock, preferably a dead bolt in addition to the lockset. How much can it cost to put some plastic cups in the room?

We actually liked this place. If they would fix the window and door lock issues and give a couple of plastic cups with the room I would gladly give Sea Garden Motel two more 'stars' making the rating 'Very Good.' Please fix these issues - you have a diamond in the rough.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple