“Worst time EVER!!!!!”

Four Winds Motel
Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“Worst time EVER!!!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

we walked into the office and were met by an nasty man behind the desk who began to argue with us over the rate of the room. Not only did he try to charge us $200 more than the quotes price but would not accept my parties military discount that we were quoted. After 10 minutes of him screaming at us, his chewing tobacco flying every where, he told us that he was kicking us out and would not refund our deposits. Also the maintenance man got in my finance's face. She is 5'1" and not even 100 pounds telling her that if we don't leave now he will make sure we all get a quick ride in an ambulance. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank jabs7

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 21 June 2011

As I argued with the desk attendant on the price for the room where I was getting charged above the listed price, a rude and disgusting employee questioned my stay and called me a liar with the amount of people I was staying with. Then as I walked into the room I knew right then and there that if I stayed any longer I might get some type of illness or disease. The only good thing I can possibly say about this horrible place is that I was able to get my money back 15 minutes after I checked in. Please do not ever stay here, for your sake.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Explorer743

Travellers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Glen Gardner, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 January 2011

i think Jim the so called maintenance guy wrote the review below this one, he was the biggest scumbag that i ever had to deal with , he yelled at my son daily( we stayed for a week).. he also pushed him and we had to have the police come, of course he denied it....other then the maintenance jerk off the owners are rude and speak broken English, so its hard to understand them...or they just didn't want to hear the air conditioning leaked and just about flooded the room during the night filling up my suit case with water.....stay somewhere else, lots of nice places in that area

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank tuesday03
Gansevoort, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Over all the place isn't too bad, for the price. The rooms are a little dated, the beds are not very comfortable. However, the location is great, the staff is incredible, right down to the maintaince man, Jim. Sun deck is pleasurable, we had the room that opened onto the sun deck, good location.......Pool is nice, plenty of parking. Good luck, I was really worried about the place, but, does anyone ever take the time to write a review if it was a worthwhile experience? Don't always believe what you read in all the bad reviews, just enjoy your vacation!

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Hauppauge, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2010

save yourself the pain and stay away no matter what the price. my shower had mold so disgusting in it i was tempted not to use it in 90 degree weather. the service was terrible i did not have a maid come to the room at any point. the manager gave me a hard time trying to check in basically just because he barely speaks English. there were cigarettes and band aids in the pool. the only positive was the location almost on the boardwalk but i have stayed in nicer places on the boardwalk in seaside for less. also i can guarantee the positive reviews on here about the service on this website were planted by their son that worked there(because hes the only one who knew how to speak English). this place sucks id rather sleep on the sidewalk

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cc0391
USA
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Their site on the internet is FOS. We were charged 75.00 per night but the folks next door only paid 55.00 a night. What is that about. There was no wireless service for my laptop either. They do have cable but no HBO also advertised we had 15 channels. The room was filthy I don't think it has been cleaned in a few years. I walked from the bathroom to the bed and my feet were black. They also advertise they accept triple AAA but when we asked we were told NO they don't accept anything like that.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jsunny413
tinkswrath
Reviewed 23 August 2009

location of the place is awesome. one block away from the boardwalk/beach. not to far from nightclubs. paid 200$ for a room with a king sized bed, microwave and fridge. decided to stay another night, a sunday, it was 100$. i thought that was a bit much for an off-night. paying 200$ for the room, things could be better : elevator they offer (door wouldnt shut all the way sometimes prior to moving. took several seconds and then it closed fully and operated); furniture could use a pick me up; shower sometimes spurts out extremely hot water randomly which is a good and bad thing; mgt is very picky about the towels. after i decided to stay an extra night, i went to the office and asked for more towels. they said i needed to bring down my old ones after they gave me 2 new ones. btw, no maid ever knocked to check up on room; pool was nice, kinda small, liked it when all the kids went to bed and had it to ourselves. i would recommend it if it wasnt for the price, it just doesnt seem right for 200$ maybe 150$. hotel is very family packed, quiet at night though.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple