“Get What You Pay for”

Four Winds Motel
Four Winds Motel
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Over all the place isn't too bad, for the price. The rooms are a little dated, the beds are not very comfortable. However, the location is great, the staff is incredible, right down to the maintaince man, Jim. Sun deck is pleasurable, we had the room that opened onto the sun deck, good location.......Pool is nice, plenty of parking. Good luck, I was really worried about the place, but, does anyone ever take the time to write a review if it was a worthwhile experience? Don't always believe what you read in all the bad reviews, just enjoy your vacation!

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 June 2010

save yourself the pain and stay away no matter what the price. my shower had mold so disgusting in it i was tempted not to use it in 90 degree weather. the service was terrible i did not have a maid come to the room at any point. the manager gave me a hard time trying to check in basically just because he barely speaks English. there were cigarettes and band aids in the pool. the only positive was the location almost on the boardwalk but i have stayed in nicer places on the boardwalk in seaside for less. also i can guarantee the positive reviews on here about the service on this website were planted by their son that worked there(because hes the only one who knew how to speak English). this place sucks id rather sleep on the sidewalk

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cc0391
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Their site on the internet is FOS. We were charged 75.00 per night but the folks next door only paid 55.00 a night. What is that about. There was no wireless service for my laptop either. They do have cable but no HBO also advertised we had 15 channels. The room was filthy I don't think it has been cleaned in a few years. I walked from the bathroom to the bed and my feet were black. They also advertise they accept triple AAA but when we asked we were told NO they don't accept anything like that.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jsunny413
Reviewed 23 August 2009

location of the place is awesome. one block away from the boardwalk/beach. not to far from nightclubs. paid 200$ for a room with a king sized bed, microwave and fridge. decided to stay another night, a sunday, it was 100$. i thought that was a bit much for an off-night. paying 200$ for the room, things could be better : elevator they offer (door wouldnt shut all the way sometimes prior to moving. took several seconds and then it closed fully and operated); furniture could use a pick me up; shower sometimes spurts out extremely hot water randomly which is a good and bad thing; mgt is very picky about the towels. after i decided to stay an extra night, i went to the office and asked for more towels. they said i needed to bring down my old ones after they gave me 2 new ones. btw, no maid ever knocked to check up on room; pool was nice, kinda small, liked it when all the kids went to bed and had it to ourselves. i would recommend it if it wasnt for the price, it just doesnt seem right for 200$ maybe 150$. hotel is very family packed, quiet at night though.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tinkswrath
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I really don't know what the reviewer after me is saying... I think is completely off her rockers..I mean I read her review after booking my stay and regardless I am glad I decided to check out the place for myself. The staff is friendly, kind and helpful. The rooms are not like the plaza with five rating service but they are decent for what you get at the shore. although the weather wasn't cooperating with my plans I liked the place. its close to the boardwalk but away from the nose from the rides. Its also among residential are so it quiet but when the have kids around, like I had to deal with when the prom kids were there, the go out of their way to make sure the noise it not too loud.

I really don't know what this other reviewer is saying... but i completely loved it. and will most likely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2009

my friends and i booked our trip with expedia at $85 a night, $171 for the two night stay we planned. when we got to the 4 winds, the place looked like a dump. we already made the reservation and we just had to sleep there, so whatever. we go in and the owner tries telling us that we made our reservation at one price but he charges another. he wanted us to pay an extra $50 plus like 25% tax to stay there because as he said, he's not on expedia and he doesn't honor their prices. when we talked to expedia representatives, they were completely unhelpful. he's on the site and should honor their prices, but they can't dispute his policy of "say one thing and do another." we never signed anything with the guy in the four winds and he still charged my credit card $96, which i am currently disputing with the bank. the owner was a complete [--], the place was a dump, and he charged us for not sleeping there. we went down the block to the Charleroy, and it was great. it wasn't the hilton, but the owners were nice and upfront. the rooms weren't run down, the air conditioner and the hot water worked, the tv worked great, and the fridge worked a little too good! they told us the guy who runs the 4 winds also owns the desert palms inn and palm villa suites, and the Charleroy gets a lot of business from people that leave the other hotels. the 4 winds should be burnt to the ground, i would rather sleep on the street then in that dump.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank hxcjohnny
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Aug 22 & 23,2008 We had to change our stay from a Wed and Thurs to Fri and Sat and as per phone call, we were at 1st over charged $20 a night. Called back and they gave the correct internet posted rate. The 1st room was a disgrace! Large MOLD on bathroom ceiling mold around fridge seal, large STAINS on bedspreads, a large fist HOLE in the wall, a bad SMELL, nasty GRIMY chairs, and a slow process to check in. The next room was a slight bit better, no mold and cleaner beds and slightly cleaner, so we took it.
The sign on the back of the door said to open drape for room service, so we did. After a day at the beach the room WASN'T TOUCHED! There is no phone in the room so down to the desk to complain. They DON'T CLEAN THE ROOM DAILY. only gave us fresh towels! A quick look under the beds before leaving and it looked like all summers dirt was still there!
They have light white curtains so take a sleeping mask if you don't want to rise with the sun. You'll need a radio and clock too because this isn't in the room either. For this place, we were grossly overcharged! Even the weekday rate isn't justified!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank glaciks