“Great food”

Ya Ya Noodles Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Skillman
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has great food. It has been a few years since I had great Chinese food.
We traveled twenty miles to try this restaurant. It was well worth the it.

1  Thank Therefore4607

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Very good selection on their "Chinese Menu" Unfortunately it is seasonal menu otherwise they have great lobster dishes. The hand made noodles are special. The West Lake soup is great so is the handmade noodles with lamb.

Decent seating and good service.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Good Asian and Chinese food. Korean steamed buns were excellent. Service is excellent. Lots of great dishes to try...never had a bad one!

1  Thank carol c
Reviewed 6 February 2017

I visited last week - first time in 8 years because the OLD YAYA Noodles was inconsistent and rated between bad and horrible. Oh, but NOT NOW! I met the new owner who took over two years ago, and I wish I had known sooner. We dined on a busy Friday night, six of us. We had everything from sushi to noodle soup, to shrimp and vegetables, to avocado salad, to seafood asparagus soup. Every dish looked inviting, smelled heavenly, and all six of us were so happy with our choices. This is now my Friday go-to!! Bravo Yaya Noodles! I'm excited!

1  Thank Teressina
Reviewed 23 January 2017

I read the reviews. Not terribly encouraging. I, myself, had a couple of average experiences here years ago. Mom wanted to visit so we tried it again. I wasn't expecting much.

We were a party of seven. The place was empty when we arrived (that always sets off alarms in my head) but it was squarely between lunchtime and dinnertime so...

The decor is beautiful. Dining room was clean. Well-maintained furniture. Host and hostess were friendly and funny.

We sat down to excellent tea, fried noodles, water, and three ample appetizers (calamari, boneless ribs, and crispy scallion pancakes). Pancakes were a bit greasy but I didn't care - diet was suspended for that day. I had the Thai hot and sour soup - it serves four people, costs $7 and was delicious. All the appetizers were very good.

We enjoyed noddles, beef, chicken, shrimp, salmon entrees - the fat noodles are house made. Everything was very good. By the time we left the place was filling up, so my concerns were assuaged.

Prices were very reasonable, portions were generous, and we left satisfied. Mom and dad were happy.

So...although I was a bit wary when I walked in, I walked out a fan. Now I want to go back for their lunch menu, sushi, and, especially, a few items on their "Chinese specials" menu.

I don't give out 5 stars easily, but this restaurant is close to it. I gave it a four pending my next visit. I'd really like for the spicy dishes to be spicier so I'll have to make that request. Will update soon...

1  Thank Roland P