“What a beautiful place, with GREAT FOOD!”
Review of Stage House Tavern

Stage House Tavern
Ranked #3 of 125 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: THere are two Stage House Taverns = same ownere. One in Scotch Plains, NJ is on tripadvisor, the Somerset one is not.
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Stage house is an all around fun place to be...... Great food,,,, Good bar atmosphere,,,,and big enough with two floors for dining.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed November 6, 2018

I love Stage House for a quick lunch or quick dinner. The outside during the summer is a lot of fun and really relaxing.This is our go to place when we are looking for a nice spot for lumch

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

This is one of the spots that our group of neighbor gentlemen go to on a regular basis, The service is very good and they handle our group of 10 to 12 with no problems. They have lunch special menu which is very appealing to our group. For one price, you get soup or salad, a choice of selected entrees, a beverage and dessert - for less that $15.

The Turkey Club, Pulled Pork and Parmesan Chicken sandwiches and Parmesan Chicken entrees are excellent.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 5, 2018

If you like mediocre feed, so-so service and difficult conversation due to the loud noise, then this place is for you.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank bobbycar777
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for my first time and OMG, how disappointing and a waste of money. My sister goes there often and asked me to go for lunch, the place is not very nice inside, looks a bit outdated for my taste. They sat us and the seats and table still had crumbles from the people before us. Waitress took more than 10min to come greet us and ask for drinks. I ordered a Mac and cheese for my daughter and a Mushroom and Swiss burger for myself, my sister chose to eat from the brunch menu. My baby’s food had no flavor what’s so ever and I was surprised they serve food for kids in such hot plates that even the waitress said to give it a minute to cool because it was super hot. My burger took about 15min to arrive since I placed the order, as soon as I saw the burger I knew things were not gonna go well. Burger was well cook however tasteless, bun was cold and the French fries it came with were literally the same served inside Costco food court and I guess I was the lucky customer to get the last fries in the bag since there were more crumbles than whole fries in the plate. I had to ask the server for the cole slaw that was supposed to come with because they forgot about it and yeah, not surprised at all it was one more tasteless food item menu.
On our way out, I heard a customer complaining to the host about how they sent them over a table where people was already sitting and eating and now they had to wait again for a free table.
Sincerely, I would never come back here and based on my experience I would never recommend this place to anyone. Maybe it was just my luck but even my sister said the service wasn’t the best ever.
Please stay away from here and invest your money somewhere else with better food and service.

Date of visit: November 2018