“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Somerset

Courtyard Somerset
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
South Plainfield, New Jersey
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

A loyal Marriott customer, but can not recommend this hotel. Rooms are very old,heating system keep us up all night because it was so loud. Furniture shows signs of being worn, bathrooms are antiquated. Hotel needs major updating.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
tlcsomerset, Manager at Courtyard Somerset, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Thank you for your recent stay review for the Courtyard by Marriott Somerset. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, including areas for improvement. Thank you again for sharing your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Somerset.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Hope, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

The Marriott Courtyard in Somerset is probably filled with busines travelers on weekdays. Friday and Saturday it's quiet and quite reasonable. The AAA rate can get down to about $62.00/night. It's good for travellers since it's not that far from New York City. My wife and i like it for a weekend getaway. We pack a picnic and relax in the room. During the summer it's great to have the comfy outdoor seating area plus the pool and whirlpool. Most weekends it' quiet. If Rudgers University has a game, that can change. Most rooms have a microwave and refrigerator, a good benefit. It's a reasonably priced getaway.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Somerset. I greatly appreciate you for taking the time to give feedback about your stay. I'm pleased to know that we achieving our goal of making each an enjoyable, and memoriable stay. I look forward to have back again soon.
IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

I'm a Marriott preferred member, and stay in Courtyards all the time. For this trip, my usual two (Basking Ridge and Whippany) were sold out, and this was the next closest one I could find. It was a great price, so I did it. I was disappointed. The hotel needs a major updating...the elevator lights were nearly burnt out, the outside lighting was poor (as a female, I don't care for dark/poorly lit parking lots for safety purposes), the hallways were pooly lit, and the rooms were outdated. The room I had came with 2 beds, one of which had crumbs on the sheets. The tub in my room did not drain, and some TV stations didn't work (ABC and NBC). I call the front desk about the TV and was told that they've had that problem for weeks, and there was nothing that could be done. I didn't know about the tub until the morning I checked out- I did let the front desk know when checking out. The receptionist did apologize for the inconvenience.

Overall, the experience was just less than standard for Courtyard. Reading these reviews, it's possible I had a fluke, but there are definitely areas for improvement.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Heather W
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Somerset. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, including areas for improvement. I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with the satisfactory experience you deserved during your recent stay. Your feedback will help us ensure that situations like this will be handled more swiftly and effectively in the future, ensuring that all of our guests experience an uninterrupted level of comfort during their stay. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Somerset
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. I have always had a pleasant stay every time and when booking reservations, try their site directly. Most stays are less than $75 on weekends. An added benefit is there is a Ruby Tuesday connected to the hotel, so if you have a couple of drinks, you don't have to worry about driving.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
E BRUNSWICK N.J.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Originally we intended to spend one night here but with the first snow in the Northeast this season we added a second night to avoid being on the roads.

Rooms: Pleasant enough. Clean bathroom. Flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, sofabed and also a balcony. Free Wi-Fi that works well in the lobby as well as the rooms.

Lobby: Open and vibrant. Large screen TV plus booths to have coffe with individual flat screen TV's. Bistro is open 6:30-10:30 a.m. and does serve Starbucks and some simple cold and hot breakfast items. Additionally there is complimentary coffee/tea for guests during the same hours.

Pool: Although we did not use it, the pool/hot tub area looked like a wonderful retreat whether there for business or personal reasons.

Outside sitting area: With winter on hand we did not get to use this area. We could see from our balcony however a great sitting area outside with couches and even a firepit.

Check-in: Checking in and out was quick and effortless. Free parking and rolling cart for any luggage if needed.

Would certainly come back here either for business reasons or a quick get-a-way night since we live close to the property.

Room Tip: Rooms by elevator can tend to be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Our family stayed here for a wedding event. It was very nice. The room was clean and up to date. The lobby was comfortable and the front desk help were very attentive and gracious. We had a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Mt. Olive, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

My family and I stayed here during the wrath of the late October snowstorm which knocked out power in our hometown for 5 days. The courtyard was ok. The first room we had the toilet didn't work and they had to move us to another room as their was no maintenance people available. They have a pool and a little gym. A Ruby's Tuesday is connected to the hotel. We got dinner from there and because it was delayed by 40 minutes they gave it to us for free.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family