“Great hosts, Nice evening”
Review of Sophie's Bistro

Sophie's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sophie's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 126 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Classic French Bistro
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

We visited Sophie’s while on a business trip in NJ.

If not for tripadvisor, we would not have found this place.

The host and owner was extremely kind and made us feel very welcome and comfortable. Service was good and attentive. We got some good advice on wine.

We had onion soup - very good - and later my colleague the beef bourguignon and I steak frites. For the latter, I should have ordered some salad for the side, but the food I got was very nice.

A restaurant with lots of people, a nice buzzy atmosphere. From the outside easy to miss, but definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

Enjoy the bistro atmosphere. A little loud and rowdy on Saturday night, but the food is amazing. Reservations are strongly encouraged.
My spouse started with the French Onion Soup. I had a salad with a light dressing.
I had a filet of fish over spinach and yummy mashed potatoes. My husband had filet mignon topped with crabmeat. We shared a berry crumble with delicious lattes.
We don’t live in NJ, but we make an annual trip for a Rutgers game and making a dinner reservation for Sophia’s Bistro is part of the weekend.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

we went for a dinner on a rainy evening. foods served were warm and delicious. we enjoyed the food a lot. the staffs were very gentle and polite. we liked the atmosphere and the music being played.

i would like to recommend to visit the place for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Friendly, warm, inviting
Dependable service and food
Good value
Dinner entres are attractive and tasty
Atmosphere is like "Old Friends"

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic food, fantastic service! The owner personally checks on all the customers to make sure that they are satisfied with everything. I highly recommend this restaurant! Most definitely our favorite!