Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
Very Good 4/5
    Average 3/5
    Great 4.5/5
    Good 3.5/5
    All reviewsfront desktypical holiday innindoor poolroom was cleanfrench toast sticksshowing its agebusiness tripred robinbreakfast buffeteasy accessrutgers universityred lobsterrooms are largebusiness hotelthe breakfast areafirst floorvery nice hotel
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 27 July 2011

Hi,

I am satying in Holiday inn right now & my new HD camera is stolen from my bag today.
    I don't expect this from the hotel like Holiday inn. Don't they do any background checking before hiring the employees???? Do they want to have such bad impression for their hotel?????

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
    Reviewed 14 July 2011

This hotel is located near local and national restaurant chains, which we found convenient. Although the male desk clerk was not very welcoming when we arrived, the service got better once the new shift took over. The new clerk brought us extra sheets with a smile. The next day, we were surprised that a free breakfast buffet was set up for guests, with eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, fresh-cut fruits, a carafe of orange juice on every table, and a cheerful server who poured our coffee with a smile. When we checked out and drove about 50 miles, the front desk clerk called us to say there was a mistake on our credit card charges. She was friendly and courteous and she quickly solved the problem. This helped make up for the sour front desk clerk from the day before. The only bad aspect about this hotel is an important one: the beds. They are so hard that my wife woke up with a neck ache and I had a stiff back for days thereafter. This is a basic, nicely decorated and serviceable hotel that is clean, offers plenty of free parking, and has nicely decorated public spaces. But watch out for those beds!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
    Reviewed 11 July 2011

I spent 3 nights in South Plainfield on a business trip, staying at Holiday Inn. I have two complaints. First, the room had bed bugs. I did not realize it after I got back, when I discovered having been bitten on my legs and arms. (Another member of my group complained about being bitten too.) Second, the A/C is extremely noisy. It's also not possible to turn it to low and the room feels like a wind tunnel at night.

On the plus side, the staff is nice and breakfast (included) better than what you would expect in a motel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
    Reviewed 10 February 2011

I have stayed at this hotel monthly over the past twelve months. At first blush it appears to be tired and old, although the place is spotless and operates very effectively. Staff are all very proud of their hotel and the amenities they offer. The best are Tempur mattress' that are spectacular. $89.00 per night with AAA card and a full hot breakfast is a great deal.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
    1  Thank Ronald S
    Reviewed 6 January 2011

My room had bedbugs, which I didn’t discover until morning. They didn’t charge me for the room, but when I sent a bill for $54 to dry clean all my clothes after I got home, they ignored it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business