All reviews continental breakfast overlooking the lake whispers restaurant beautiful hotel living room my husband and i private porch off season third floor hard boiled eggs nice size front porch two blocks perfect location yogurt shore town no elevator
Reviewed June 16, 2018

Very nice 3 night stay. Room very comfortable. Staff goes out of their way to accommodate requests. Provided beach chairs and towels for use at the local ocean beach. Will also provide beach passes when required on weekends. Pool is clean and refreshing. Breakfast could be upgraded. Overall, great stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Tobi T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2018

John, I'm glad to hear you had a nice stay. Now we're getting into the busy season where beach badges are required on weekdays too, but they're still included with your stay regardless. As far as breakfast goes, it is continental since we don't have a kitchen to make anything hot. We try to do what we can with bagels, English muffins, bread, pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, breakfast sandwiches, etc. If you have any other recommendations for our continental breakfast, please feel free to email me. Thank you for reviewing us.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

We had a nice short stay as family two adults and two teens in one of the Deluxe Suites. The rooms are spacey and charming furnished. Breakfast is not wow but okay. Value for price is excellent and we can recommend the Hewitt Wellington.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing us. I'm glad to hear that you had a nice time. I'm sorry the breakfast isn't a full, hot breakfast as we do not have a kitchen. We try to give as much as we can for a continental breakfast. If not, we can always recommend great, local places to eat. I hope we'll see you again sometime.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

From the minute we walked in it was relaxing. We were greeted by Toby the manager who was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in Room #4 which had it own entrance to the pool which was quiet and relaxing. I truly can’t wait to go back and spend more time. It is a hidden GEM in Spring Lake!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Tobi T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Thank you for reviewing us. I'm so glad you guys had a good time. We loved having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Really a very nice stay with just a couple of comments. Breakfast spread was less than average, though coffee was excellent. Had a 12pm wedding and for some reason our room never got made up. Parking can and was an issue. Once all spaces are taken, there is no place to park. Being familiar with Spring Lake, my husband parked over at the train station but that’s a hike.
Room was clean and nice size. Nice bath. Bed comfortable.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for reviewing us. I'm happy to hear that you had a nice stay. We do advertise that our breakfast is a continental spread, as we do not have a kitchen to make a hot breakfast. We try to make do by adding microwavable breakfast sandwiches, hard-boiled eggs, and fruit along with the breads: bagels, toast, english muffins, cereal, etc. I apologize that your room was never refreshed, that is unacceptable. If the do-not-disturb was left on long enough, then it's possible housekeeping was done with everything by the time you left. I wish you had talked to our front desk, or called our emergency number in regards to parking if it was after hours. We gladly would have assisted you in closer spots to park than the train station.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

We stayed there for two midweek nights. All the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Sue and Alex at the front desk, were very helpful and thoughtful. The rooms may be a bit dated, but they were very clean. We had breakfast at the cafe in town, as the hotel breakfasts were continental. We had dinner at Whispers. The food is superb. Michael, our waiter was informative, friendly and professional. The hotel is across from the lake, which makes fishing very convenient. They offer a peaceful retreat in a lovely town. Beach and main street a few blocks away. . (The weather was too cool for the pool, but it looked clean and welcoming).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing us. I'm so glad you were happy with your stay. While I'm unsure of which room you stayed in, I will say that our building was constructed in 1876. It has stayed in great shape, but of course with an older building especially, there is always work to be done. I will also say that each of our rooms have a different personality or look. While some rooms stay true to the Victorian theme, others might have more of a beach theme. We try to find the room that suits each guest the most out of their needs. If you ever feel that something needs updating in a particular room, please let us know your room number and suggestion and we can always pass it along to the owners. We will inform Whispers of your superb dinner. And don't forget that our pool is heated, even if it's a chillier day outside!