“Great Addition to SH”

Fishin' Pier Grille South
Ranked #15 of 62 Restaurants in Stone Harbor
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Reviewed September 20, 2017

This is a great little place a few blocks off the main street in town. The service, even during busy hours, was very good, the breakfasts are fresh and creative and the owner is very nice. It's a very easy place to like on many different levels. We stopped there twice for breakfast during our time in Avalon/SH. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Taletimes

Reviewed September 11, 2017

Breakfast in Stone Harbor got a lot better when Fishing Pier opened another location besides Avalon. We have always had great table service in both locations. My wife had blueberry french toast with sausage (Hatfield - the best). I had a jalapeno/tomato/sausage omelet that was outstanding. The server mentioned they would have apple pancakes the following Saturday. We came back and had them, also with Hatfield sausage. Absolutely delicious. Don't miss this place.

2  Thank Norris T
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

Great little breakfast spot right on the main strip in Stone Harbor . Good coffee and great choices of generous omelettes.

1  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed August 29, 2017

We have gone to the Fishin Pier in Avalon for years and were happy when they opened a
new spot in Stone Harbor. This one is much larger and brighter. The food and service are always good. There is usually a wait for the Fishin Pier but they always seat you when they say they will. I usually have an omelet from the menu which are cheaper than the specials. They never disappoint.

1  Thank apmarek
Reviewed August 17, 2017

After reading such wonderful reviews, I was very much looking forward to trying the Fishin' Pier Grille. I have been coming to Stone Harbor for about 40 years now. Restaurants come and go, and I am always looking for a great new spot.

Well, for me the jury is still out on this place. The service was both good and not so good. Our waitress (blonde mid 30s) seemed disinterested. However, many of the teenagers there looked and acted surprisingly pleasant and on top of things. I wish we had one of them.

Anyway--the hits. The grilled cinnamon bun was fantastic as was the sausage and home fries. You could tell the food was very fresh. The prices were reasonable for stone harbor.

The misses: the pancakes tasted like cardboard. They were amongst the worst I have ever tasted. The "fresh squeezed" OJ clearly was from the carton and was $4 for the privilege. The manager stopped by and I told her about the pancakes. She asked to replace with French toast but I was too full. She took $2 off the bill which was a little on the low side but oh well. She did seem genuinely concerned.

I would certainly try the place again but steer clear of the pancakes and OJ.

1  Thank jmcalabro