“Great dinner under the stars with a super sunset.”

Borghi's by the Bay
Ranked #17 of 62 Restaurants in Stone Harbor
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Description: Great sunset views from outdoor dining. Menu primarily seafood with chicken, beef and pasta dishes available Gluten free options available as well
Reviewed July 13, 2018

A good of long time friends got together at Borghi's for a summer meal and conversation. The situation was perfect. We had a porch all to ourselves outside and up one floor from the street. We had a large umbrella above us and there was a nice breeze to keep us cool. Our server was very attentive and personable. The menu had a nice selection of seafood and meat dishes to select from and the 4 specials all sounded good. We split several appetizers and they were all very good. The entrees came with a side or Caesar salad. The salads were a nice size. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. The only negative was the price of the specials were much higher than the entrees on the menu. They should really tell you the price when they describe the special.

All in all it was a very nice meal and we would certainly go again.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Just arrived at the hotel and had dinner reservations at Borghi’s. We were seated promptly and had a decent table. The warm dinner rolls and pesto dipping sauce were very good. The main courses, however were lacking. I had the flounder stuffed with crab, my wife had the crab ravioli, and my son had the seared Salmon. My dish was good- the fish was fresh but lacked depth- it was over spinach and red peppers but no sauce. My wife’s ravioli sauce was more like a cioppino sauce - soupy and stew like vs. a pasta sauce. The broth was pretty good to sop up with bread but didn’t really go with the pasta and like my dish - lacked any real depth. On a side note, my son really enjoyed his Salmon.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank 1antonacci
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

Wow, that was a surprise! Advised as American cuisine at goo, it came out much better as more European and Italian inspired cuisine. We had 3-sides menus with salads. They were fresh and very tasteful with homemade dressing, not out of the bottle. My salmon came on a bed of spinach with a bit fresh goat cheese, strawberries and honey glazed pecan nuts. It was an explosion of taste, super.
My wife had crabmeat-filled ravioli with scallops, shrimps in a spicy tomato sauce, also very good. Desert was cheesecake and toasted (!) poundcake, just the right sweetness.
That they have no license and you have to bring your wine or beer with you, is not really a disadvantage, because the water is good and you taste only the food.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed February 17, 2018

Chef with style and substance, a tough reservation but always worth it.
Wait staff related and goes out of their way to make dinner in a casual town a special event.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

It was SO noisy that we spent the entire evening screaming to try to hear each other. We were a group of 8 and there we 2 other groups of about the same number all inside in one small room. There is nothing to absorb the sound in the room. This part of the evening was a disaster. The service was wonderful. Ali was our very attentive waitress. The food was ok. My mixed grill wasn't grilled except for the salmon. Everyone said there was nothing special about their meal and it was expensive. I don't mind the price but there are many restaurants around with much better food. There are only two
choices for kids.