Grand Summit Hotel
US$149
GardenInn.com
US$85
Travelocity
Best Western Westfield Inn(Westfield)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$224
  • Breakfast included
US$159
US$145
Travelocity
Westminster Hotel(Livingston)
US$169
Garden Plaza Hotel(West Orange)
US$139
US$119
Official Hotel
All reviewshat taverncocktail hourhighly recommend the grandcharming hotelpresidential suitenew jerseywedding venuehigh school reunionflat screen tvbreakfast buffet isthe entire staffbusiness tripbed was comfortableinto nycshort hills mallshuttle serviceteresa
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Great older property... The HAT tavern was a lot of fun!

The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Bsarve2:

Thank you so much for your comments. We are very glad to hear that you considered us a "great" property. We work hard to provide a comfortable experience and appreciate the time you took to recognize us.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I had heard poor things about the Summit, but it was actually OK. It did have some old time charm to it and a fantasitc fireplace in the lobby, which was always stocked with tea and coffee. The room (321, I think) was adequate - cozy but not claustophobic, warm enough once the heater kicked in, OK quiet. The shower and facilities were odd in configuration, but fine too. My biggest complaint was the bed was super-soft and the pillows super hard! The complimentary breakfast was very good, with fresh fruits, breads, hot breakfast and good coffee in a pub=like setting. I had no troubles, thus no issues with customer service. I'd still prefer a chain (mostly to get points) but this was fine.

Room Tip: I was in 321 and it was at the end of the hall and fairly quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear CultureSleuth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with a review. We work very hard to provide a comfortable experience for all of our guests, and when it is recognized it means a lot to us.

We do offer a wonderful Sealy Pillowtop Posturepedic mattress in all of our rooms and our guests have told us that they love the comfort they provide so I am glad you enjoyed it. Regarding the pillows, we do offer a feather pillow as an alternative to the foam pillows that are standard in the rooms. One can be requested at any time.

I want to thank you again for the wonderful review of our property.

We look forward to the chance to host you again when you return to the beautiful town of Summit, New Jersey.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I just stayed there for the first time and last !!!we were given a room that was in back of building that is a motel not a hotel you have to walk to a door out side that your key will not work on to get in to hotel and also our room door key stopped working 3times in the 3days.
The room, stains on chairs wall paper peeling off, carpet filthy, lamps covered in dust, fuzzy tv reception and remote broken bathroom gross! when I asked for a new room I was treated VERY RUDLY and told no rooms available when checking out I asked for the manager who could care less about the issues with the MOTEL! well that attitude is what I expected from the teenager manager on duty I have never felt the need to post but this place pushed me to it !!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bob W
Michael46855, Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Bob W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with a review of your stay.

We are very disappointed to hear of your experience during your stay with us. We do have a couple of rooms that are about to be renovated and I apologize that your experience in one of those rooms was so poorly received.

Please know that we strive to provide a comfortable stay for all of our guests, and while our Manager on Duty understood your desire to move to another room, the hotel was in a sold out situation and there was not another room available to move you to.

I am somewhat confused by your comments of the Manager being a teenager as we do not have any teenage Managers at the property. All of our Managers are trained to resolve a guest concern as quickly as possible. Again, the circumstances surrounding this issue limited our ability to resolve it for you at the time of your stay.

I welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay including what we would like to do for you to return to our property with our compliments at a later date.

I look forward to the chance to speak with you and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

The many recent great reviews of this hotel perhaps made me expect too much. We stayed here 2/18/12-2/20/12 for a wedding. Here are the pros and cons:
Pros:
1. Comfy beds
2. Nice, updated showers
3. Decent room size compared to NYC rooms
4. Room was adequately clean.

Cons:
1. very poor customer service: upon getting to the hotel on a rainy evening, no one held the door open for us, despite the fact that there were three hotel personnel chatting idly by the front desk. No one greeted us. At one point the next day when I was carrying some heavy bags to my car, I actually had to ask one of them to hold the door open for me. These people shouldn't be in the service industry!
2. No fridges in the room. Because we knew we wanted a fridge, we reserved a fridge several days before our arrival to the tune of $20/day. Late Saturday evening, I realized there was no fridge in our room. After two requests, an hour wait, and no apology, we received an old, dirty cube fridge which we ended up just cleaning ourselves. The next day after I complained to management, they took the fridge charge off our bill.
3. Poor noise insulation. We could hear every little noise from the hallway and from outside, including garbage trucks at 6ish on Monday morning, housekeeping all day long, and guests coming back to their rooms late at night.
4. Charging the almost $10 to park in the lot is uncalled for.
5. There were no available outlets by the bed, which is something I expect when so many of us like to charge our cellphone on the nightstand.
6. No fan in the bathroom--seems like something they could have easily added during the updates to the room.

All in all, if you're a deep sleeper and don't need anything from the front desk, this may be a good place for you, but for the price, we expected a whole lot more.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear sillehh,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us both positive and negative. We are very pleased to hear of your response to our room product.

That being said, we were very disappointed to hear about your experience with our guest service staff. All of our staff are very aware of the importance of customer service as it is what has set us apart from our competition for over 140 years. You can be sure that your comments will be shared with my staff and we will work to find out why we failed to assist you as you should expect. Many of our emplyees have been with us for many years and take great pride in the level of service they provide. A breakdown like this just cannot happen. We also took note of the other cons you have provided us to make sure that we can address each one and take corrective steps for each item.

Regarding the parking fee, we did add this nominal charge a couple of years back. We believe it is more important to continue to provide a complimentary Full American Breakfast, complimentary shuttle service into town, and complimentary Wireless Internet access that we just upgraded for all of our guests. Most of these items are not provided by our local competitors and our customers have told us they very much appreciate the inclusion of these items.

We thank you again for your feedback and hope to have the chance to host you again soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

This hotel has lots of charm and is a throw back to when hotels were not stamped out of a mold. Yes, it is a little older, but has been remodeled in recent years to provide nice amenities while retaining an old school charm. There is a work out room on site, but I highly recommend the 2 block walk to the Summit YMCA. Downtown Summit is just a block away, in nice weather, it is very walk-able for dinner or drinks.

Room Tip: I would ask for the top floor. That is where I stayed and the floors were creaky. I'm not sure if you would hear that on lower floors or not.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Susan E,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us. We work very hard to provide the kind of environment you describe hear, and we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed it.

We look forward to the chance to host you again soon.