“Date Night ...Monja ”

Vesuvio
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Swedesboro
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Tonight is a special day like every day . Loving life .... we both had chicken parmigiana. The dinner came with hot home made bread and a salad . The pasta was done perfect and the sauce was super . As for the chicken,done just like we like it . Crispy outside,tender inside . Good amount as well,we both took it home .

Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

This place is quite close to the city center of Swedesboro. I came there after a long day in Washington and it was the only place opened at that time for a pizza. The service was fast and rude, maybe because they were gonna close the restaurant soon. I ordered a simple Margherita since I was there for a pizza...when it came to me I wanted to cry. The base was hard like a stone, it seemed a fake one or a frozen one don’t know. It was fully topped of tomato sauce and garlic, the mozzarella was fake as the $3 note. I basically filled up my stomach that night, I can’t say that I’ve enjoyed my pizza. To everyone, please avoid that place if you want a good pizza!!

Reviewed October 26, 2017

My wife and I have been dining here for several years. We make a point to eat there about once a week. Food is always well prepared and excellent. Especially enjoy the Thursday night special of mussels over linguini. Love the garlic, oil and bread served before each meal. Staff is always friendly and attentive and owner Rob or his wife are always on site. Great value and well worth the trip. BYOB is also a nice feature to compliment the great Italian dishes.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Vesuvio has some of the best pizza pies we have ever tasted. The crust was crunchy and the group loved the tomato pie , the Grandmom's pizza with its thin crust topped with fresh garlic , mozzarella cheese , Parmesan cheese , oregano, olive oil , parsley and basil. We also recommend the Old World pizza with crushed plum tomatoes, fresh mozzarella , basil , sea salt , and a drizzle of olive olive .The sales were also delicious with fresh ingredients. Service was friendly

Reviewed September 26, 2017

My family and I came in last weekend to start our visit with family in South Jersey, after driving all day we wanted to go out to eat.
The food was very good we had some bread to start off with and ate some really good calamari cooked just right, coming from New England I was surprised.
The pasta and the Stromboli both was fantastic good dishes we even shared mine with dad which we had enough to eat for lunch the next day.
The restaurant was very pleasant the atmosphere was family like and I enjoyed the place as we walked outside we could have ate out side, next time if weather is good we will.
As for prices it was affordable not over priced pizza even looked good homemade ice-cream for dessert but we passed this time to full to try.