“Delicious family restaurant”

Vesuvio
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Swedesboro
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Recently went to celebrate our daughter's birthday on a Saturday night. The place was busy but the staff all were greeting us with smiles and excellent service. The menu is extensive with pizza, burgers, sandwiches as well as entrees and excellent pasta. We had lasagna, the special asparagus gnocchi and eggplant parm. All excellent!! Our server, Gabriella was so nice and put a candle in our daughter's ice cream for a sweet ending to our great meal.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed May 24, 2018

It's not often that you find a great local family restaurant. I met two colleagues for dinner and it was just outstanding. We got the Italian antipasto platter and calamari for appetizers and they were both just great.

My friends had pasta and it was fresh with excellent sauce. I had an American Antipasto salad and the meats and cheeses were fresh, well presented and very tasty.

Thennnnn -- the gelato menu. Don't leave without gelato and their excellent coffee. Worth the drive from Philly airport area for a relaxing drive through the country and a great meal.

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Been here 30 times in last 12 years. Usually get soup and a slice. Today I got the Vesuvius special chicken steak sandwich. It was excellent. Didn’t want veggie soup.

First time ever that Stephanie wasn’t here.
It is noon and place is crowded. Always clean and well maintained. May get an ice cream.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

Had dinner here with another couple. This is a comfortable restaurant that has take-out and a dining room. There were couples and families dining in when I was there. The menu is varied and includes pizza, sandwiches, and entrees. There is bread for the table and fresh salads came with each entree. I had scallops fra diavolo- I appreciated that the server accommodated my request for scallops and not shrimp. The pasta was delicious. I was disappointed with the sauce, it was extra spicy and was much thicker than I usually like it. Everyone else at the table really enjoyed their meals. The servers were friendly and efficient. If I lived closer this could be a go to restaurant.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

This is a first class, great family restaurant. While being local the staff and management are very accommodating and you really feel welcomed!.

The food is consistently above normal standards, and always served hot.
We frequently go there with family and have never been disappointed.
The waitress staff knows how to treat customers with a pleasant smile and good service.
Their specials are quite special , Really the asparagus Gnocchi is Fabulous !

The Pizza are also fantastic