“Great amenities for traveling with an infant”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
Reviewed 1 January 2017

Overall, I was happy with my stay. I had my 6 month old child with me and 2 other adults. The King Studio Suite had adequate space, although, the 2 bedroom might have been a better option. The full kitchen made it easy to prepare my child's meals, clean his bottles, and host the rest of my family for drinks and snacks. The bed was comfortable. The buildings are set up with 8 rooms in each with only the back walls next to another room so it was pretty quiet and I was confident that my child was not bothering anyone else.

There were some issues I had concerns about. For one, people can be quite loud when arriving to their rooms late at night and their voices echo between the buildings. The rooms are not in the best shape. There was a rust stain in the middle of the tub floor and a black spot on the side of the tub. The furniture was scratched and faded in parts. I also walked out one morning to find pile of white towels laying on the dirty sidewalk.

Overall, it was a good experience.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom penthouse is worth the extra money for families.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I have been in this hotel for 6 months because I am working in the area. I have to give them an A+++ rating, 5 stars is not enough. I live in hotels 11 months a year so I am pretty qualified at giving my option.
First, the staff at the service desk are exceptionally friendly and will go out of their way to make your stay perfect. I always get greeted with a smile and a warm hello.

Housekeeping- I cannot say enough wonderful things about the wonderful lady that seems to always do my room. You can always tell by little things different each one seems to do, but I always come back to a clean and fresh smelling room. I never have to ask her for anything, she automatically changes the sheets, leaves me extra towels and leaves everything spotless. (I only have housekeeping once a week so believe me, I notice)

Dining - I unfortunately don't get to have breakfast as I am always running out the door to work in the morning and love to sleep late on the weekends, but the evening buffet is always well presented and always tasty, whatever he makes. I especially love his chocolate chip cookies hot from the oven on Wed. desert nights!

Maintenance - they have come to my rescue a few times, from killing a large mosquito that followed me into my room (no kidding, it was HUGH) lol or fixing my ice maker and garbage disposal. They even helped me when I moved in because I not only had my stuff but work stuff as well and it was to the 2nd floor! (one thing to note, these are individual buildings with lofts apartments and 2nd floor rooms so no elevator, but I love it because I could open my sliding glass door to a screen and little balcony in the summer).

I know this is long, but I just can't say enough about them, the grounds are really kept clean as well. SO, if you are in NJ going to an event or just the beach (NJ shore is about 15 to 20 mins. away) come to Tinton Falls, you will love the area.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Kelly M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Dear Ellie C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with us. We truly value your feedback and are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us in Tinton Falls. We would like to thank you for being our guest and choosing our property as your "home away from home". We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Just when you think you're lost you'll find this hotel. Different than any other Residence Inn, this property has separate "cabin-like" facilities. Breakfast is served in the main building and there may be a few rooms there. We stayed in one of the upstairs 2 bedroom/bathroom cabins because we needed the full kitchen. Avoid the rooms upstairs, unless you are well able to climb stairs. The second bedroom is also on a loft-like platform up a full flight of stairs. Not a bedroom for children, due to the loft style. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was well rounded.

Room Tip: Downstairs or in the main hotel
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Kelly M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Dear HalloweenOwl,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with us. We value your feedback and would like to thank you for being our guest. We apologize for not meeting all of your expectations. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to our area. Again, thank you for your review and for being our guest.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

Very clean, friendly staff, many small snack items for sale and pet friendly. Pet fee was $115 per stay. Great place for an extended stay. Even has a sliding glass door with a screen. Hotel in kind of hidden - the exit is actually Hope Road and is Park if you go straight. We used Uber every night from there to go out.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Noisy lobby, pool was not inviting, not appealing and sort of dirty. Not very comfortable pool area or lobby area.
I would not return. Disappointed. I was there for a wedding. The rooms I felt were also very small.

Stayed: May 2016
Kelly M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Thank you, LizzieOCMD, for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent visit. It is much appreciated that you took the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you encountered while staying here with us. I would hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves when returning to our area. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

Although this is an older Marriott property with rooms in separate 2 floor buildings apart from lobby/breakfast area, it is still fairly well maintained with friendly accommodating staff. Nice breakfast with fresh melon, pineapple, cereals, French toast, sausage, eggs, juice etc. Nice to have full kitchen and guest room is fairly large and very clean, with comfortable beds. This is a pet friendly hotel. My husband is allergic to dogs and the room was perfectly clean and comfortable and he had no problems. The only negative was the very noisy bathroom fan which automatically goes on with the light. Otherwise, a pleasant comfortable stay. Convenient to Monmouth Mall, outlets, and beach.

Room Tip: Pick a room on1st floor if you don't want to climb up the stairs. This is a pet friendly hotel...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Tripper10021,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with us. We truly value your feedback and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to our area. Again, thank you for your kind review and for being our guest.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

This is probably the most outdated Residence Inn I've stayed at. It seems like a cheap motel, with various little buildings scattered around its campus. I wonder if this used to be appealing, or if it is just cheaper than building a single bigger building. The room had that kind of damp feeling you get in old hotels, especially near the coast.
Despite this, my stay was good. The room itself, though it felt musty, was clean. They have a nice service (which I didn't use), where they will go get groceries for you, at cost. The kitchen was pretty complete.

The staff was very polite and helpful. I've stayed at countless Marriott's, and this place cost as much as it would have in New York City, for a lower quality room, but that seems to be what the market bears out there. I might try the Courtyard a block away if I were to go back to the area.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Kelly M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Dear BairdWallace,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with us. We truly value your feedback. I am very sorry we did not meet all of your expectations during your stay here with us. I would like to thank you for mentioning our staff was polite and helpful. We do hope to regain your trust and serve you again in the future. Thank you for being our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinton Falls
0.6 km away
Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown
4.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
0.6 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
8.3 km away
Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls? Share your experiences!