“I was worried...”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2017

I couldn't remember why the name of this place sounded familiar. Ah ha, it used to be on Route 9 in Toms River. So, why was I worried? Well, if the food is really good, location is not as important. My friend Phil (yes, Phil from the previous food reviews) and I visited this place at 9 pm on a Friday night. The place closes at 10. There were two really loud and obnoxious women near us - thank the Lord they left with their husbands. I had my go-to dish, the bolognese. Phil had the Pork Milanese and the entire Calamari appy - since I don't eat seafood. We did not have desert since Phil brought pasticiottis from Upstate NY. Overall, we both agreed this was a Very Good place. Service was decent. Oh, the bread is horrible (another reason I was originally worried).

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

To be fair, I overheard other employees who sounded fantastic. We just didn't get one of those.

The food was alright, nothing amazing but decent.

Waiter was inattentive (I couldn't find him to ask for just a water refill) and slow.

I'd attempt to go back, but only if I got a different server.

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Good Italian comfort food. Just remember to save room for dessert. They have one of the best home made cheese cakes and home made tartufo. Everyone was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

Went with another couple for dinner. Tables are spaced nicely apart which makes it easier for conversation. We had a few appetizers, calamari in balsamic reduction and rice balls. Enjoyed the calamari, rice balls were just ok. The sauce to put on them was delicious. Our friends had a veal dish which they said was good, but they have had better. They said it lacked flavor. I had linguini and clams. Husband had a pasta dish. All in all in our opinion the food was good. We went at 6pm. However, they do have an early bird menu from 12 to 5pm for $16.95 for four courses. So check it out. Otherwise the dinners can be a little pricey. Would go back again and try something else. It was a pleasant evening and also byob! Enjoy.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

I took my wife here for dinner the service was excellent and the atmosphere is cozy and intimate. The food is excellent and you can choose from the house wine or bring your own.