“Excellent food made fresh!”
Review of Brooklyn Bistro

Brooklyn Bistro
Ranked #25 of 323 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2017

Tried the Brooklyn Bistro last night with a group of friends,which one was a chef.. I have to say it was a step back into upscale dinning . Something that I don't really see in the Toms River Area, First the meals were prepare at the restaurant not in a large supply house. The waiters knew the menu and were able to answer any questions. The food appeared to me and according to my Italian wife . She said it was close to her grandmother's' cooking. I guess you can't get a high commendations. Our chef friend even complemented on the presentation and quality of the food. The two draw backs. and this is not a complaint, were I just didn't feel comfortable in the restaurant one and I though the cappuccino was weak, Parking on the street at night was great in downtown Toms River.

1  Thank Bob S

Reviewed September 29, 2017

I couldn't remember why the name of this place sounded familiar. Ah ha, it used to be on Route 9 in Toms River. So, why was I worried? Well, if the food is really good, location is not as important. My friend Phil (yes, Phil from the previous food reviews) and I visited this place at 9 pm on a Friday night. The place closes at 10. There were two really loud and obnoxious women near us - thank the Lord they left with their husbands. I had my go-to dish, the bolognese. Phil had the Pork Milanese and the entire Calamari appy - since I don't eat seafood. We did not have desert since Phil brought pasticiottis from Upstate NY. Overall, we both agreed this was a Very Good place. Service was decent. Oh, the bread is horrible (another reason I was originally worried).

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

To be fair, I overheard other employees who sounded fantastic. We just didn't get one of those.

The food was alright, nothing amazing but decent.

Waiter was inattentive (I couldn't find him to ask for just a water refill) and slow.

I'd attempt to go back, but only if I got a different server.

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Good Italian comfort food. Just remember to save room for dessert. They have one of the best home made cheese cakes and home made tartufo. Everyone was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

Went with another couple for dinner. Tables are spaced nicely apart which makes it easier for conversation. We had a few appetizers, calamari in balsamic reduction and rice balls. Enjoyed the calamari, rice balls were just ok. The sauce to put on them was delicious. Our friends had a veal dish which they said was good, but they have had better. They said it lacked flavor. I had linguini and clams. Husband had a pasta dish. All in all in our opinion the food was good. We went at 6pm. However, they do have an early bird menu from 12 to 5pm for $16.95 for four courses. So check it out. Otherwise the dinners can be a little pricey. Would go back again and try something else. It was a pleasant evening and also byob! Enjoy.