“Closest to Hungary outside New Brunswick best restaurant in Trenton ”

Blue Danube Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 274 Restaurants in Trenton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

We usually eat the chicken paprikash or Wiener schnitzel, but friends whom we have taken here indicate that other menu items and specials are excellent, also. Chicken paprikash is made here with white meat, and thus differs from what my husband ate growing up in Hungary, but is no less delicious. We always have enough food to take leftovers home for a second dinner (which we eat with cucumber salad).

This restaurant puts paprika on the table along with salt and pepper. The chef makes the wonderful bread and butter.

Blue Danube is the best restaurant in Trenton. I highly recommend the food.
My photo shows the crepes (we had them with apricot, but other fillings are available). We eat the crepes every visit. The coffees are fun, also.

Reviewed May 16, 2016

We had a party there a year ago. The waiters were extremely polite and knew the menu well enough to answer questions. The food was delicious and well prepared. I am of German ancestry so I know what authentic food is. Our entire family of three generations enjoyed everything immensely and are ready for another party there at any time. Some of us have been back regularly and always look forward to the next visit.

Reviewed April 29, 2016

the food is very authentic and the service is so friendly, you feel like your family, very quaint and clean.

Reviewed April 27, 2016

Took my parents, who LOVE German food, and they were extremely pleased. Service was fast and friendly, food (especially the sauerbraten) was great and the interior is reminiscent of a German Brue-house. There are Italian restaurants on every corner in this area, but an East European/German restaurant is had to find. This on is a bit off the beaten path but I highly recommend it!

Reviewed March 17, 2016

Great food, and Sangria! My favorite entre is the seafood platter. Sangria is the best. It is home made and delicious!