See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 19, 2017

Given all the terrible reviews this place has received I'd like to defend it a little, without going overboard. For a one-night stay whose main purpose was to sleep, it was adequate. Bed OK, bathroom clean though in need of repair, TV had no remote but it works; internet connection just fine. The person who received me in late afternoon was certainly friendly enough. The price I paid ($103) was no doubt exaggerated for this level of quality; $75 would have been closer to the truth -- but still, I can't let it be said that it's dirty, smelly, the absolute world's worst etc. I've experienced much worse before.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank James C
Reviewed February 27, 2017

Lesson learned, I was in a rush to book a hotel and failed to look at the reviews. This place is a mess, the lamp shade is taped together with scotch tape, The wall paper is pealing off the walls, furniture is dirty and heavily worn, stains are on everything (walls, lamp shades, furniture) you name it needs to be replaced or burned. The smoke detector is pulled off the ceiling and is laying on the table. I haven't found the TV remote and I had to request towels and wash cloth but I don't think Ill need them because the bathroom, WOW!! It needs to be gutted and rebuilt. The paint is pealing from a massive and repetitive leak from the upper levels bathroom, and with that the caulk and in the tub is moldy cracked. The shower head is moldy their is no way I'm taking a shower in this place. The walls of the shower/70ies whirlpool tub look like they haven't been cleaned in a long time. The sliding doors on the shower are covered in hard water stains and the aluminum track has crud in it causing the doors to require a lot of effort to move. The dated tile on the walls show many poor paint jobs that have left splatters of each color throughout. Ill be lucky if I get out of this dump without bringing home a critter in my clothes. I keep scratching as I write this review. I want to get out of here as fast as I can.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

If I could, I would give this place 0 stars. The parking area had lots of glass shards and cigarette butts... Very sketchy looking. And not only was that creepy... The hotel itself - the hallways , the room, etc. our beds were comfy but the blankets had holes in them like someone burned the blanket (most likely from cigarettes bc although the room was a "non-smoking area" the hallways and rooms REAKED of cigarette smoke :/- second hand smoke alert lmao) I am super duper glad I only stayed with my family for only one night!! The only convenience Is that there are TONS of fast food chains if you come back late at night and are hungry (: but other than that... Honestly, I only recommended if it's just for one night pit stop thing . Good luck!!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mariannen2
Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

Just wanna Let you know This place this Hotel is the most Disgusting place awfully dirty Smelly horrible not words not words can explain how horrible horrific this hotel are I was feeling like a die that night I got there I slept in the Car for one night the next day it was another hotel close Kenilworth inn it was a little bit money like 40$ more but it a million time better then that horrible place with the Name Clinton Manor on Rt 22 West Union Nj, please listen what I said don't go there you will regret, that hotel is dirty everything is ugly an DIRTY

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Rosebella1127
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

This was a quick overnight stay for us, and it's a good thing too. I would have had to find a new place to stay had it been more than one night.

First off, the front desk clerk was very unhelpful, didn't explain the paperwork he needed me to do, didn't check my ID to make sure I was who I said I was, and when I walked in he just kind of stared at me from the back room until I asked for help. -.-

It was impossible to relax in this place. Everything was stained or in need of a new coat of paint, one of the secure locks was broken! The bathroom looked like it hadn't been properly cleaned for a very long time. The grout was stained yellow. Half our towels were yellowed, half were white. Even though it was a "nonsmoking" room, the hallways were rank with the smell of cigarette smoke, and the staining of the fabrics looked like smoke stains. The sheets and pillow cases reeked of bleach--apparently that is the one part of the room they actually clean. The knobs on the heat/AC unit were STICKY AND BROWN. There were multiple stains and dents in the walls, wallpaper peeled back. The coffee table had CRUMBS on it, as if the room hadn't even been cleaned. The ceiling was disgusting. There was also a sewing pin stuck in the wall--why? I don't even know. Steer clear of this place, it feels just like the sort of sketchy hotel that regularly serves hookups and murders.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple