“Excellent and affordable Italian food”

Sapore Restaurant & Wood Fire Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapore Restaurant & Wood Fire Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Ventnor City
Reviewed May 22, 2017

New Jersey has its more than its fair share of small Italian restaurants serving great food and Sapore is one of them. The restaurant is a fair size, nicely decorated with Italian music playing in the background. Our server was prompt, professional, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. We started with a complementary loaf of fresh bread and house made componata - a mix of eggplant, peppers, all kinds of vegetables, into a kind of sweet bruschetta. Delicious! Dinner comes with soup or salad. I enjoyed my salad and my wife loved her vegetable, sausage and pastina soup. She equally loved her Chicken Ala Pierre - chicken with vegetables including artichoke hearts in a cream sauce over penne. My chicken cacchitore (chicken with onions and peppers in a red sauce) over cappilini was just wonderful. We finished by splitting a cannoli with housemade filling. The prices are very affordable and you get alot for your money. Unfortunately, I live at the other end of the state or I would make Sapore's a regular part of my dining out. Sapore's is a terrific restaurant run by nice people, you should try it!

1  Thank danieloW7812SH

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

Last minute trip to the beach with my children and their teen friends! Was going to use coupon but was told coupons were for takeout only! No problem but you pay four dollars more for two large pizzas for dining in! Nice decor inside! We also enjoyed a fried calamari appetizer with side of marinara! Service was excellent! We would return! Full Italian menu appeared authentic!! Previous restaurant here was Jo-Jo's!

1  Thank princabessa
Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

Extensive southern and some northern Italian menu.

Egg plant parm platter was OK. Wife's spaghetti and meatballs had good meat balls, with just OK spaghetti and an OK red sauce. Nothing special.

Very good service, very good prices. Comfortable venue, good value.

I would go back for a casual meal anytime.

1  Thank Robalojoe
Reviewed April 27, 2017

We had veal entrees both times we came here. We couldn't stay away. The fresh sesame bread with savory spread, bruschetta, and the homemade Italian soups were fantastic. But the Veal dishes, Parmesan, Saltimbocca, or Florentine were large tasty portions that we couldn't stop thinking about. Even the pasta which I recommend a simple olive oil and garlic linguine or angel hair was delicious. As we are gluttens for enjoyment, we tried their orange, ricotta cheesecake, blueberry cheesecake, and tiramisu although not on the same nights. I only wish we weren't a 3.5 hour away. The fact that it's a BYOB restaurant is a plus.

Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Had a good lunch. Just a simple order of calamari and a cheese pizza. Both were good the calamari was actually very good. The service was quick and pleasant. The waitress did a good job of taking care of us. The restaurant had plenty of ambiance and was a nice place to dine. No complaints at all, if we are back in town we would visit again.