“Great AC Getaway!”

Surrey Beach House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ventnor City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful "getaway by the beach". The location is very convenient: right by the beach, close to restaurants and the AC casino strip.We came in from the AC Expressway and found it easily. The rooms were clean and well furnished. The manager Kevin was very courteous, pleasant and helpful with many local insights (parking, shopping, restaurants, etc.).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom W
KevinPalek, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation here at Surrey Beach House. I would like to thank you for your comments about me. I was glad I could help.
Thank you for taking the time to do a review for Surrey Beach House, we appreciate your positive feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we hope to have you be our guest again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a weekend getaway to the "only hotel in Ventnor". Surrey Beach house is very convenient to the Ventnor Board walk and an easy and picturesque 25 minute walk up to the south end of the AC casino strip. The hotel and room was spotless, the beds extremely comfortable and the staff we encountered (Patrick the manager and an assistant) both friendly and helpful. My only complaint (and the reason for the "4 dot" or very good rating) was with the size of the room. With a king bed and other furnishings you experienced some feeling of being cramped. We were shown rooms in other parts of the hotel that were much more spacious and you'd be well served to request an upstairs room. This is not a five star facility but if you are looking for a place with a 3 C (Clean, Comfortable, Convenient) rating the Surrey Beach House gets a big thumbs up from us.

Room Tip: This hotel is being progressively upgraded and I would request an upstairs room if available. We had...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rbeach
KevinPalek, Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

Thank you for your positive feedback, it is greatly appreciated here from the SBH staff. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and we really appreciate you staying with us. I look forward to you possibly staying with us in the future. Thank You again.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

I booked this hotel from a travel plan I have and enjoyed being so close to the ocean however there were many things that were deceiving and not communicated with me upon booking. If you plan on staying at this small, quaint hotel be warned that there is no parking lot and street parking is metered on all streets in the area. It is only a block from the ocean but you have a huge facility right on top of the building blocking any and all view you might enjoy while in your room. My view was an ugly brick wall. You can sit out on a deck at the front of the hotel but it is a community deck and there are two floors but no elevator so if you bring a lot of luggage with you, you are on your own trying to get it all inside. I would not recommend this to families or out of towners. My room was much smaller than my travel plan provider led me to believe. You have to pay a lot more for a decent size room.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank cniemec926
KevinPalek, Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Thank you for your review of Surrey Beach House. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the communication problems at your time of booking. I am personally working with the travel plan provider that booked your room, so that they can better inform guests. Any guest who books directly through the hotel, is well informed about the hotel and its surroundings.I do hope you will stay at Surrey Beach House again.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Traveling with an elderly person can be a challenge - most especially for them! From the moment we arrived at the Surrey Beach House, we received wonderful, caring treatment from the General Manager, Kevin, and all his staff. I was attending a 3-day concert in Atlantic City, and did not want to chance staying in AC with my very elderly family member; had researched the SBH through TripAdvisor, and was impressed by the majority of the reviews. They were not wrong. If you are a single traveler, or a party of five or more, Kevin and his staff will go out of their way to make your stay the most pleasant it can be! SBH also offers several meal/bike rental/entertainment plans - they are worth checking out when you stay at SBH; good deals which will save you money.

Room Tip: Book early! The suites go very quickly
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
KevinPalek, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Thank You so much for your kind words. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation in Ventnor. The staff and I enjoyed your company with us at the Surrey Beach House, It truely was a pleasure to have you as a guest. I look forward to the next time you come stay with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Surrey Beach House. The room was clean, parking wasn’t a problem, and the location was excellent, just off the beach. A short walk to restaurants and snacks. The staff was friendly and accommodating with beach chairs and tags.

I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor, I was told they were recently renovated.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
kaptainavy, Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Thank you for your positive feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and I look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

The Surrey Beach house is on the beach block in a cool laid back town called Ventnor. We love it at the Surrey because you cannot beat the location, the cleanliness of the rooms/building, and the hospitality (Kevin is the Innkeeper and a real genuine guy). There is a shaded porch and a balcony overlooking the ocean and the best part is you are right on the beach and you get free beach tags when you stay. This place is perfect for couples and families looking for a vacation that is home away from home. We have had such a great experience we cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

I'm happy to hear that you really enjoyed your vacation at the Surrey Beach House. I personally would like to thank you for your kind words about myself. We really appreciate your positive review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

My family of four stayed for a few days and it was nice. The weather was good. Sitting on the porch each morning was lovely. Great breeze off the ocean. The room was nice, with a closet and kitchenette. We had two queen beds. The beach is a few steps away, along with the boardwalk. Parking on the street is tricky but everyone (staff and other guests) helped to make sure we understood the neighborhood rules. We arrived late but a note and instructions were left for us. We took advantage of the local ice cream spot each night. Its quiet and the casinos are a short trip away. There were a mix of older couples and family's with children while we were there. If you enjoy the beach, its a place you have to check out. Its definitely an option for our future stays.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
KevinPalek, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

We really appreciate your positive review. It was a great pleasure to have you as a guest of Surrey Beach House. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with us. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ventnor City
5.1 km away
Showboat Hotel
Showboat Hotel
#17 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Surrey Beach House? Share your experiences!