1,684 results
All reviews kites restaurant luxury room steam room outdoor pool sports club elements spa crystal springs tennis courts great weekend wedding weekend fitness center horseback riding mountain top crystal tavern pools tubs fireplace
Reviewed August 9, 2018

I just love working out at Minerals, what really makes it for me is one super instructor that makes the cycle class amazing and the best Trainer I have been with and that's Barbara Matchett. I hope if you are just visiting or want to take a great class look her up. She teaches Mondays and Thursdays.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank annettek5151
Crystal S, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Hi annettek5151,

We love Barbara! She is an incredible instructor. Thank you for choosing Minerals Sports Club and taking the time to leave us a kind review. See you in a class soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying this, the grounds and the area are beautiful albeit the pools are
Dirty. However that is the only good thing I have to say. I booked 3 rooms for my parents 50th anniversary. Upon arrival they told me they had us in their lower garden. They said it is beautiful and we would be very happy. The lower garden is the basement. Make no mistake about it, it’s the basement. You are surrounded by the laundry, garbage and maintenance rooms. Every time you took the elevator down you were in an elevator with garbage. Literal garbage. The rooms were disgusting. On the first night I went to get in bed and there was blood or dirt on my pillow case. In the middle of the night my AC broke and my smoke alarm started chirping because of a dead battery. I complained first thing in the morning when I was told that the head of housekeeping was coming immediately to look at all 3 rooms. At 2:30 in the afternoon the rooms hadn’t even been cleaned. Every night a piece of my bed fell off. My parents room which was the most expensive of the 3 had a sink that looked like it was coming off the wall. I can’t blame the place for bad weather but I can blame them for failing to upkeep during bad weather. Below is a picture of the hallway outside our room. At one point there was probably 1/8 an inch of standing water. The picture is after they spent a half hour vacuuming the water. My son who has allergies didn’t stop sneezing the entire time we were there. I will add that flies are attracted to standing water and the restaurant and the hallway had a ton of flies. Be aware that if you don’t get to the pool by 10am you will not get a seat. On Sunday from 11:00 until 4pm my party of 8 had a total of 2 lounge chairs to share. We asked a worker and they said people always complain because there aren’t enough chairs. As far as restaurants go Kites was fine. However a service charge and gratuity added into the bill is ridiculous. Add the gratuity but what is the service charge for? No one was able to tell me. My sister put it best. The entire stay seemed either like a place that just opened that didn’t work out any kinks or a place that has just given up. Whatever the scenario this place deserves 0 stars. How they charge $400+ a room for a dilapidated dirty room is beyond me. I will never recommend this place. Go elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank bogieny
Crystal S, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Dear bogieny,

Please accept my sincerest apologies to you and everyone in your party for the inconveniences you experienced in your room and room placement. Our region keeps getting hit with unprecedented rain fall and our maintenance team is working diligently to repair any damage caused by this weather. Your experiences and review will be shared with our team and I assure you action will be taken. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me and I will do my best to assist you. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Warm Regards,
alabarbera@crystalgolfresort.com

Reviewed August 6, 2018

We joined the Pool and Sports club this year. Love going to the pool every weekend. Fun Place. Definitely can use some TLC on the grounds. Food is great out by the pool. They have a covered bar outside, ice cream stand, and sometimes some fun water activity's for the kids.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Crystal S, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear Ray L,

Thank you so much for joining Minerals Sports Club! We're so happy to hear you've been having a great summer so far! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! See you by the pool soon.

Best,

Reviewed July 29, 2018

We wanted to write a special note for Tracy at the Front desk, who advised us to book the great mountaintop adventure day trip. She was of great advice and kept providing great service all the way! We will certainly return to Minerals!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jean B
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Hi Jean!

We're so happy to hear you had a great experience! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on the friendliness of our staff and will relay your kind words to Tracy at the Front Desk. We look forward to you staying with us again. See you soon!

All the Best,

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

I’m afraid this place has seen better days!
We were there 3 days. We did not enjoy our stay for various reasons. This hotel needs to be cleaned up and updated. When it rained they had buckets and towels out along the windows in the hallway. Rain leaked through the seams of the windows. There were puddles on the floor. They were marked off with caution signs. The ceiling above the vending machine on our floor was moldy and falling apart. The furniture in the lounge area was older. Regarding the activities we didn’t participate however I intended to go for a walk. Asked for a trail map front desk. I didn’t think the map was well executed and for clarification I asked a guard at a housing security entrance. He politely told me which direction to go but warned me about watching out for bears. I asked if he was serious and he said yes definitely keep an eye out because the bears are out and about. I cut my walk short. I thought they should have mentioned bears at the front desk if indeed they were out and about.
We ate at the Kites restaurant. We thought the food was fine. It was creative and tasted fresh. The wine was decent. The menu was varied which was appreciated since it is the only place to eat on the premises. Menu prices were expensive.
Nice atmosphere in the restaurant.
The bed was ok. The bathroom needed a serious update. The floor tile was cracked in the middle of the floor. The shower faucet handle was loose from the wall. The handle on the entrance to the room was loose. Overall the grounds were nice. The pools didn’t look clean. We were disappointed that there was no plug in available for cell phones on the nightstand or the table/desk.
Our room had no refrigerator or microwave.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank jolisa13

Dear Jolisa13,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your concerns during your stay. On behalf of the Resort' Management Team please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. Our region was just hit with unprecedented rain fall and our maintenance team is working diligently to repair any damage caused by the rain. Your comments will be shared with our team and we appreciate you staying with us. Hope to see you again soon.

All the Best,