“Secret Vegan Menu!”

Michael's Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #54 of 153 Restaurants in Vineland
Reviewed November 16, 2017

Unfortunately you have to ask for it, but they offer a whole vegan menu. They suggest calling ahead a day to ensure that they have the ingredients (especially for dessert) since they don't stock everything due to the lack of demand. However, if they handed out the vegan menu to every diner, I bet that demand would increase. My vegan entrée, a Mediterranean penne was chock full of good flavor and variety. It's a small place that many would otherwise not know is even there. Check it out. We need more businesses that cater to vegan options.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed September 30, 2016

We've been here before and stopped in for dinner tonight. Food has always been good (veal special and veal marsala), however, it took almost an hour to get our meals. I understand it's a small place and everything is freshly prepared, but an hour for 2 entrees is totally unacceptable. Only one server, and because they were busy (about half full), the service was fair. The food was really good, but I can't see waiting that long for food.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed February 17, 2016

Michael's Mediterranean is a small restaurant tucked away in a strip mall off Landis Avenue in Vineland, NJ. It seats approximately 40 people in a tight rectangle of tables. The dishes are essentially Italian, Sicilian in mainly, but it advertises Portuguese, Spanish, and Greek. The meals we selected were citrus coated tilapia and rigatoni with dried tomatoes in a marinara sauce. Although the tilapia's texture suggested it was thawed, it seemed fresh and the citrus favoring made the fish taste sweet. We would order it again. The marinara tasted quite different from the usual sweet favored sauce that usually covers pasta, a little bitter, perhaps because of the sun dried tomatoes. I did not check to see if this was a gravy (meat juices), but it could have been. The tortellini was standard fare and good. I would order it again just for the difference. Deserts were not special and coffee was brewed Folger's brand. There was no cappuccino! Nevertheless, we would go again.

TIP: Bring your own bottle of wine. Michael's does not serve alcoholic beverages.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed October 15, 2015

This is our second trip to Michael's at the recommendation of friends. BYOB. Sometimes you just want a relaxing, quiet atmosphere to eat and talk. This is it and the food is great as well. Our service has been good on both occasions and they are always willing to discuss the menu items with you. I had crab ravioli which was fantastic but my husband's chicken parmesan was slightly over cooked. Save room for dessert and if it is a bread pudding night, don't hesitate to order it. One of the best I have had and only on the menu when the chef locates a specialty bread he deem necessary for the recipe. I have also had a lemon deserve (name escapes me) that was fantastic. Would love his recipes. We will return again and my husband will try another dish.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed August 10, 2015

We will be back to Michael's. The food was very good, although the dry spices used were rather obvious to the taste buds, and sometimes that was unpleasant. Some of the cooking techniques were not to our personal liking, but you could tell that they were executed the way they were intended (example serving cold tapenade on warm toast). Strange set up to get to the bathroom. You literally walk through the prep area. Atmosphere appeared to feature mostly regulars out for a quiet dinner. Music was very low and so you had to almost whisper so that everyone else couldn't hear your conversation.

Date of visit: August 2015

Been to Michael's Mediterranean Cuisine? Share your experiences!