“Needs a Second Try”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2016

Went here for a business lunch, at a colleague's suggestion. Varied menu, with many good choices. I got it down to cajun shrimp or crab cakes, and the water said they were both good, so I opted for crab cakes.

In the meantime, they served a decent house salad and good Italian bread with butter.

The crab cakes, well, I'd give them a 4. Tasty enough, but the breadcrumb to crab ration was not to my liking, Way too many breadcrumbs.

My friends had gnocchi and salad, and enjoyed them. I think once I know the menu better, I will give the place a higher rating.

It's in a strip mall, and nothing exciting abut the decor. Monday at noon was very quiet.

So wait for my next review.

Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

Just wrapped up a celebratory family supper here, my first time in the restaurant. My food was easily the best meal I've had in months.
We were early but the restaurant was filling up quickly. Clearly this is a popular place and for good reason.
The service was great, they have a passion for what they do and it shows on the plate.
I had a special, grouper on roasted root vegetables and beet sauce. Sounds a little strange but the fish was cooked perfectly and served hot and the beet sauce was a nice balance. Great for a late afternoon supper.
I'm not from NJ but have tried a few of the local Italian restaurants over the years, Bruno's is the best!

Reviewed April 29, 2016

Great atmosphere, clean, everyone very helpful. My veal parm was outstanding. I rate this place 5 STARS.

Reviewed March 17, 2016

They will make you what you want,how you want it. Don't see it on the menu ask.So much more not on menu.Veal Milanese pounded thin can't finish it all.cannoli's to die for
BYOB . Priced very reasonable.Dont be fooled because it's in a shopping mall near an acme

Reviewed March 15, 2016

We eat here on a regular basis and the food is always terrific!!! We love the specials and I always hope for the lamb shank.

Been to Bruno's Bistro? Share your experiences!