“Clueless waitress and bad food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Calloway's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in West Creek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

My parents dragged my family here while we were vacationing on LBI since they live close by. Our waitress was beyond horrible we basically had to cue and prompt her the entire time since she didn't even ask how I'd like my filet mignon cooked or if we wanted soup or salad and what dressing. We literally had to do her job for her. My steak was ordered medium rare and it came out well done with absolutely no pink. I told the waitress who used profanity in front of my two children as a reaction (thankfully they did not hear). I told her I did not want to send it back as it tasted okay but was disappointed she did not take it off our bill or offer a free dessert or other discount. Will never return here as even the pizza was not great for my kids. Very greasy and not much to write about. Only positive was my cosmo from the bar was delicious.

1  Thank BizzieBee83

Reviewed July 7, 2017

We visited Calloways Restaurant and Bar on our visit to New Jersey for a wedding. What a great place! You can eat in the dining room or in the bar. We ate there 2 different days, once in the dining room for dinner and then in the bar for lunch. Both days were great. Food was excellent both days. Very varied menu from sandwiches, seafood, pizza. So much to pick from. They also have take out, delivery and a late night menu. Very reasonable prices!

1  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed May 23, 2017

You'll have plenty of food left over to take home, but do you really want to take it? There is 1/2 pound of bacon on a BLT but your heart doesn't really need that does it? The last time that we were there there were 4 pieces of filthy silverware that had gone through the dishwasher and plopped at our place settings. The waitress said "ew, thats disgusting" and brought us clean pieces. She never told a manager that we could see, a good manager would have sent someone out to inspect the rest of the silver on the tables. Did that happen? Of course not. It's that kind of a place.

2  Thank 77RobertH
Reviewed April 26, 2017

its a very large restaurant with 3 various size dining areas they food is average but not very expensive.....many special dinner prices
there is a large bar with happy hour prices on liquor and appetizers
Bartender Jeanie very pleasant. great friendly personality....... for those dining with children there is an amusement park on the property and also a gold driving range..
its a nice fun place the can also handle various banquets i think up to 200 people ??

Reviewed November 22, 2016

We really like Calloway's! It's a great place to share a casual meal with family or, as we do-- the two of us. Food is home style and the soup is delicious. No fancy-- very rustic, but clean and easy to enjoy. The people who serve are generally pleasant and eager to make your experience comfortable. This is a wonderful 'local' place for those of us who live in the bay area or LBI, as well as those who are only visiting or summer-residents. Bring your kids on certain days, when there's face-painting and 'tattoos...' Glad we found Calloway's :-) !!