“better under old management”

The Octopus's Garden
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in West Creek
Price range: US$17 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayetta Landing Road
Transit: NJ Transit on Rt 9 stops in front of restaurant
Description: The Octopus’s Garden has been serving fresh, local seafood in an elegant environment since 1977. While we’ve expanded our menu over the years, we’ve never wavered from our commitment to flavorful ingredients, from-scratch preparation, and beautiful presentation. We partner with local farmers, seafood markets, and butchers to source the freshest and most sustainable local fare for a truly farm-to-fork experience. Whether you’re a seafood lover or a vegan, we welcome you join us for an incredible meal that celebrates the best this community has to offer.
Reviewed August 9, 2018

more upscale, somewhat out of the way, nic atmosphere, good service foodabove average but notup to two years ago, menu nicelt varied

Bob S, Owner at The Octopus's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

I'm glad your experiences here have been pleasant. Sorry you feel the something wasn't up to par -- next time, we'd be happy to point out some of our favorites prepared by our amazing new chefs. Thanks for the feedback.

Take care,

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Bob was fabulous... so inviting and pleasant! Turns out he’s from our home town Marlton. He came over and checked on us and was so welcoming when we got there !
The restaurant is beautiful and so clean! Service was outstanding! Our meals were 5 star! As we just moved here we feel lucky to have Octopus Garden as our special place !
Thanks to Bob, staff and chef! We will be back!
Ann & Frank Hughes

Bob S, Owner at The Octopus's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thank you Ann & Frank! It was a pleasure to meet you both. Welcome to the neighborhood -- I hope we're your special place for years to come. See you next time.

Thanks for the review,

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Excellent service by Silke, she was so attentive and sweet!! Great seafood, enjoyed very much! It was our first time dining here and it was wonderful,
Thank you Silke and to Chef, owner and management!
Jutta

Bob S, Owner at The Octopus's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

I'm thrilled your service and food both made for a great first visit! Thanks for your kind review. We look forward to a great experience next time, too.

Have a good one,

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

This is still one of the best seafood restaurants in the area after the change in ownership. However, there are some subtle changes that I do not like. In the past you received a fresh loaf of high quality bread and olive tapenade, a real unique touch that many long time customers enjoyed. Now you get a basket of bread that you would get in any roadside diner with a routine spread with little taste. I always enjoyed their crab cakes as the best around as they were simply prepared with all crabmeat and very little filler. The current crab cakes pale by comparison as I think they are trying to get too fancy. They were topped off with what I think were some kind of fried potatoes stuck together and tasted like potato sticks.

I hope that the new owners maintain the old favorites and how they are prepared as that is why we keep coming back. Their new touch can work for specials or new items, but please don’t try to fix what is not broke. Octopus’s Garden has always been successful for a reason, and trying to create a new restaurant based on New ownership preferences could make them lose what made them unique.

Bob S, Owner at The Octopus's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

I hear you about the bread and crab cakes. However, these new recipes came with our wonderful new chefs -- their culinary choices may not be the same as previous ones, but we think they're just as tasty. It's a shame you're not as big a fan. Still, the rest of our fresh and local dishes will always stay that way, and I hope you'll keep coming back for them.

All the best,

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Our party of four arrived right on time for our reservation...we were seated by a gentleman who I assume was the owner...he was very cordial and led us to a comfortable table by the window...our server Samantha provided us with excellent service...attentive without being intrusive...we skipped appetizers and ordered only dinners....the soft shell crab special was very tasty and my sister in law raved about her Corvina fish entree...my wife’s crab cakes were very good with plenty of lump crab meat...all in all it was a great dining experience with professional service...I will return when I’m in the area...by the way this is a BYO establishment.

Bob S, Owner at The Octopus's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

A great dining experience and professional service is always the goal. I'm so glad your family enjoyed their crab and fish dishes. We also serve a wonderful selection of Sharrott wines, but you're welcome to bring your own. Thanks for the review!

See you next time,