“Just misses the mark”

Ranked #6 of 103 Restaurants in Westfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

First of all, I wish this place opened earlier than 11am. We love breakfast out but will not wait until 11am, usually. So this time we actually were looking for brunch and remembered Xocolatz. The service was lackadaisical. We arrived at about 11:20 and we were told they were brewing the coffee. Twenty minutes after you open?? We did not get coffee until after our food arrived. Really unacceptable. One of us ordered decaf so maybe that had to be brewed but the others had regular coffee and should have been served. The food is “too much” in the sense, too complicated. Too much going on on the plate. Pancakes soaked with some kind of juice/ syrup/ nuts/fruit- omelet too spicy- another dish that was hard to find the eggs because of the extras- not bad quality, though except the dry white bread toast. We weren’t given a choice of bread and when we asked about it was told white, rye, multigrain- after the fact- bread was awful all around and orange juice out of a container. Diner food looking better. And great service not expected there.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

I have not been to this place in a long time and I forgot how great this place is. They did a nice job of renovating and redecorating this place since the last time I was here. My husband and I came here for lunch and both really enjoyed it and will definitely be back!

We share the french onion soup which was delicious and then I had the homemade loaded mac and cheese which was the best mac and cheese ever! My husband had the cubano sandwich and loved it as well.

The brunch menu looked delicious and we will definitely be back to try it!

Reviewed April 6, 2018

Xocolatz (pronounced "chocolatz", I think) has a lot going for it. The menu offers lot of exotic choices: Italian, Spanish, Mexican, seafood, and of course American. What to choose? We arrived hungry for a conventional lunch meal. While there were many selections to choose from, I opted for a BLT, which was fully loaded with crisp bacon on toasted white bread and not too much mayo. My partner went with a cheeseburger and French fries. The fries also had a few crispy fried onion rings on top, I guess to entice you to order onion rings on a future visit. I chose sautéed spinach for my side dish which was very good.

The service was prompt and attentive. The atmosphere and décor had a modern, clean feel. On one wall there was enclosed gas fireplace with almost hypnotizing dancing flames. Did I mention the restaurant has its own parking lot? Will definitely return soon, probably for dinner.

Reviewed March 12, 2018

We came for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. The wait staff were very friendly and accommodating for my food allergy. I had a fantastic soup and then salad. The quiche was really good. Lots of parking around the area. The place was full friday lunchtime.

Reviewed February 28, 2018

This restaurant has greatly modernized its facility, adding much needed space. At lunch it was very busy, but service was quick and friendly. The burger, and the special prix fixe combination of soup, salad and entree was a bargain. The bowtie pasta and chicken was fresh and very good. Will go again.