Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$134
View deal
Marriott HotelsUS$134
Agoda.comUS$134
Hotels.comUS$134
PricelineUS$134
Expedia.comUS$134
eDreamsUS$134
All reviews irish pub front desk concierge lounge hotel restaurant new jersey wedding lobby event nj route
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2020

How do you fairly review a hotel the middle off a Pandemic? I dunno. A necessary trip to New Jersey to meet a new grandson. For sanitation purposes we stayed in AHLA approved hotels with described sanitation practices, and the Hanover Marriott met all those. And these days no one comes in to clean the rooms until you leave, nor should they. I don't want anyone going in and out of the room. There is no real food service - no one can do that these days. There were grab-and-go breakfast bags, but you can't have one unless you are a "Club Member" of some kind in Marriott's system. That said, Facilities were good; they have a nice laundry available. But I debated between a 3 and a 4 rating, because they could not even keep the coffee thermos filled in the Lobby. And bringing new coffee meant starting a pot from scratch, every time. Nor did they show a lot of interest in that. Offhand about it. So that and a stuck elevator (which was rapidly fixed, I will say) make me think - the least you could do is have coffee for people.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Firplace
jennifer chacon, Guest Services / Front Office at Hanover Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon so we can show you a much better experience!

Jenn Chacon
Operations Manager

Reviewed August 3, 2020 via mobile

When I check into a hotel I expect A high level of privacy and for them not to divulge my information when staying at the hotel. My boss called to check in on my whereabouts and to see if I had checked in the day before, and the front desk gave information regarding my stay without my permission. I would hope the staff would review their policies regarding release of patron information. Incredibly disappointed , because I believe my privacy was violated.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Daniela A
Monica Roman, Guest Services / Front Office at Hanover Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We take guest privacy very serious here at the Hanover Marriott. No guest information is ever given out. If someone does request to be transferred to a room they are transferred, but in no way given a room number or any information. A guest can request at check in to put a do not disturb on their room if they do not wish to receive any calls during their stay. I am very sorry for your experience and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2020

Great hotel! Great Staff. Wish I wasn’t all alone on this trip.
Could have had so much fun with someone staying here! Maybe I’ll bring my dogs next time! I can’t wait to visit NJ again! Everyone is so nice!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Monica Roman, Guest Services / Front Office at Hanover Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2020

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2020

Very disappointed. Ridiculous that we had to pay for parking and for breakfast. Room was nice and people were polite but I can get the same experience at another brand and not pay for parking or breakfast. Rip off. And dirty dishes in the hall for almost 24 hours was disgusting - reported it twice. Will never stay at Marriott again.

Room tip: Don't stay here
Date of stay: February 2020
Monica R, Guest Relations Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2020

Thank you so much for staying with us. I'm sorry for the disappoinment with the breakfast but this is standard practice for all full service hotels and that goes for other brands aside from Marriott. I apologize for the delay with the room service tray. I was the Manager in room service that day and our attendant went right up but he misheard which floor. When you called again we cleared up the mistake and he went right up and retrieved the coffee pot.

Again we apologize for the frustration.

Reviewed January 29, 2020

I've stayed at the Hanover Marriott many times for an event late January, and for the most part have been happy with my room, although at times the hotel does get very noisy, depending on what type of guests and events are hald there.

I was more than surprised on a recent visit (1/25) to receive a parking permit at check in, but didn't pay much attention to it until I was billed for it on my credit card a few days later - $15!

I was really shocked that after all these years the Marriott has resorted to charging a parking fee, in addition to the hotel room - especially since there is no security in the lot, nor is this announced at check in.

I am a Marriott Silver Member and must say I find this tacky - not something that's expected at Marriott.. considering it wasn't even mentioned to me at check in which I find dishonest as well.

I contacted Marriott to let them know I was a Silver member and the fact that it wasn't mentioned to me. Had I known, I'd have been dropped off by friends who also stayed at the hotel. I also contacted my credit card and contested the charge.

Room tip: not room 631 which has mildew in the bathroom
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank YayeMama
HanoverMarriott_Mgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2020

Jenn Chacon, Operations Manager