“Terrible place to stay” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #64 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
atown
“Terrible place to stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

This place was terrible. It was like a crack house (dirty), the sofa had cigarette burns and it looked like blood on the pillows. The carpet was all frayed at the one end and the only housekeeper didn't even vaccum, she used a broom and a dust pan while waited for the room to be done (about 6:00PM). We had kids with and it was unacceptable. They didn't even have any change to give to us when we paid for the room, they said to get when we check out. We didn't stay, it was too dirty. They wouldn't return any of our money. What a rip off. Don't go to this place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank sgeist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

I would never go back to this place. It was so dirty. The carpet, sofa, and beds smell like pee. My two older son did not get any sleep. They sat on the chair the whole night. None of my kids can get into the pool. It's always crowded.
I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SreyKhmer_11

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

To start out, our room did not have roaches but we did see them on the premises. Rooms were extremely dirty especially the bathroom, and the bedsheets were moist and had stains. There were only two lights on one side of the room but only one worked so forget seeing what your doing once it's dark, a flashlight is reccommended. The air smelled like mold and there were insect carcasses in the corners of the rooms. We did not see a single maid so our room was never cleaned and we did not receive towels or toilet paper which was a huge inconvenience. Allow yourself a few minutes to run the shower water before stepping in because the water comes out brown. The handles were so rusted it took three of us just to get the water on. Bring multiple pairs of flip flops because you will not want to touch the floors barefoot especially in the shower. So if your looking for a negativly unforgettable hotel experience than this dump is top of the list.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Kellyadid
Nutley, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

there is no other word then to say a vey horrible stay!!! When I got there the air was not working, the room was dirty, gabage from the previous person still under the cabinet.. Ants on the sides of the floor..I tried to plug my cell phone charger and got a shock from the outlet being loose...We complained and never was able to find a manager or to get any real help... The pictures online is nothing like the rooms in person...We stood there 3 days and never had our room cleaned nor new towels... Staff very rude!! I will never go back there again... I had my 4 kids with me and could not even go into the pool..pool overcrowded. the place is disgusting, not a place for family!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jmpmav
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

I took my family here for the Car Show weekend. My son likes cars a lot and this was a bargain and right on the main street where they "paraded." The first night we got there, he was itching to go on some rides and do the arcades and the like.

For the price, it was much closer to rides and the ocean than other hotels and weirdly than I had expected. The next morning he woke us up to watch the cars go by the porch of the motel. Not having to walk anywhere was awesome, and the front desk lady grabbed us some chairs to sit out front. My son had a blast.

Between the boardwalk where we probably spent too much and the cars going by right out front, my son gives the hotel and experience TWO THUMBS WAY UP.

My wife and I had no complaints with the stay. We had fresh towels and the room was clean. Just the little action of grabbing the chairs so my little one could watch the cars made the day much more bearable.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family