“Wildwood's Hidden Gem: Fabulous Food and Atmosphere”
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 166 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Wharf is a family run establishment featuring 2 restaurants under one roof. The Dining Room at The Wharf features a casual upscale dining experience with a complete waterfront view. The menu features all fresh, local seafood and the finest cuts of meats. On the Deck at The Wharf you will find live entertainment daily, a full service waterfront bar and the same fresh food concept as the dining room. The menu on the deck concentrates on fresh seafood and burgers, handmade pizzas, and some of the finest bar fare in the Wildwoods. Lunch specials, happy hour and a fabulous kid's menu make the Wharf the family destination of the Wildwoods.
Reviewed 9 June 2017

The Wharf Restaurant probably the best restaurant in Wildwood! We had a fabulous dinner yesterday. The service was great and the experience was wonderful. The food - I cannot say enough about the food, my husband had a seafood dish and I had the prime rib. Both meals were out of this world and very tasty - I actually ate my full meal (which I never do). I cannot wait to go back. In fact it was so good we may go again for dinner this evening.

1  Thank Josephine D
There are newer reviews for The Wharf

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Every year my family and I eat at The Wharf and every year we are just as pleased. The food is always great. Burgers and cheesesteak rolls are a go to. The drinks are just as good. We always go for the wharf's specialty voodoo buckets! The service is just awesome. Never had a bad experience and the waitresses are always so nice and welcoming. Recommend to everyone we know!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

I've been to The Wharf two times. Both times, I ordered the scallops with risotto and asparagus. This is the best entree I've ever had in Wildwood and I've been to many restaurants many times in Wildwood and Wildwood Crest.

Before I get to the food, I want to comment briefly on the atmosphere. This could be a five-star place. The decor in the inside restaurant is clean and elegant with a nice view outside. However, a bar with TV sets and a lack of clear separation to the casual deck section makes the atmosphere a confusing mix of very casual and elegant. The bar, TVs and live music felt like an intrusion.

A real plus is that you can make reservations through Open Table. Many Wildwood restaurants don't do reservations.

Now, on to the food:

Both times, my scallops were perfectly cooked with a nice outside caramelized sear and the insides juicy and sweet. The portion was generous and the risotto, with a hint of lemon and asparagus complement the scallops nicely. For me, it was a perfect plate.

I'm not a wine snob, so I don't know if this is a classic pairing, but the Sauvignon Blanc went very well with this dish in my opinion.

The salad that comes with the meal is a step above the norm with a nice spring mix for lettuce and grape tomatoes.

For an appetizer, we had the seared tuna which was very good with a nice Asian slaw on the side. The tuna needed a more interesting and multidimensional condiment than the tiny globs of wasabi on the plate. While the presentation was nice on a flat black tile plate, it was impractical because there's no rim to assist in picking up the food with a fork, and it's hard for the waitstaff to pick up.

My husband had the New England clam chowder. He said it far exceeded his expectations. He also had the broiled seafood, which he said was excellent.

The prices are similar, perhaps even a bit less than other similar restaurants in Wildwood.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Just left the Wharf and I must say I don't know why I keep going back. It is one of the best views on the water but the food and service are terrible. The place only had a few tables occupied but they have at least 10 waitstaff there. They are too busy talking with one another to do their job. This has been happening more and more here. I don't blame the kids as much as the manager that puts up with this. There is no reason for our food to sit up at the counter while the workers chat forever. Then the food comes out cold. This is a management problem. If you want a beer and look at the water this is a great place. If you want to eat and get good service, GO SOMEPLACE ELSE!

Thomas J, General Manager at The Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Hi BaileySue,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Wharf during your recent visit. We appreciate your criticism and have addressed the concerns that you have pointed out. We would love the opportunity to earn back your business. Please email me at tjohnson@thewharfnj.com so we can further discuss how we can make this happen.

TJ Johnson
The Wharf Restaurant

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Reviews we checked in advance of our visit gave us pause as average was 3.5 stars. I give it a 5! Generous portions, and outstanding food. I had a rack of lamb, spinach risotto and asparagus. Others in our party had shrimp and scallops, prime rib and steak w crab meat. No one was disappointed! To top it off, the wine prices were great with a good selection. Enjoy!