“Terrible”
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 170 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Wharf is a family run establishment featuring 2 restaurants under one roof. The Dining Room at The Wharf features a casual upscale dining experience with a complete waterfront view. The menu features all fresh, local seafood and the finest cuts of meats. On the Deck at The Wharf you will find live entertainment daily, a full service waterfront bar and the same fresh food concept as the dining room. The menu on the deck concentrates on fresh seafood and burgers, handmade pizzas, and some of the finest bar fare in the Wildwoods. Lunch specials, happy hour and a fabulous kid's menu make the Wharf the family destination of the Wildwoods.
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

One star for location only!
Over priced, horrible service. Tipped 10% and that was generous for the service. Sat 15 mins before offered a drink . Ordered 2 Manhattans that came in ridiculously undersized glasses. Wait again 15, looking for bread or napkins. Hailed a bus boy, please get our waitress we need water. Again water in tiny glasses. All the other tables had big goblets with napkins in them. Nope not us. Hailed the waitress , can we please have some bread, (our reservation was 730 we are hungry. )She tells us we cannot have any bread yet because we didn't get our appetizer! Are you serious??
My husband got the crab cake it was over sized and look like crab was put through a food processor!
Definitely not a hand packed crabcake held together with very little stuffing not here . I ordered the crab stuffed lobster same process mixture stuffed in a lobster shell very little lobster! I spent five days in Wildwood crest and this was my worst meal worst experience. Don't waste your money.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

View of the bay was beautiful. Our apps and dinner were outstanding. I had a lobster steamed to perfection and my son had the filet. We both loved it, Great service, friendly and attentive, New dining room was clean and modern. Outdoor dining room and bar looked nice as well. We will be back.

Thomas J, General Manager at The Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hi John
Thank you for taking the time to leave the comment. We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience at the wharf. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

TJ

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We were taking care of perfectly by our waitress Ashley. We came to celebrate my Grandfather's 90th birthday to kick off his birthday month! We loved our dinner and the great service! Crab cakes and prime rib were the highlights! Yum! Thanks Wharf!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We were a Party of 9 and they took great care of us. The Sicilian calamari appetizer was the best thing I ate all week. Everyone really enjoyed their meals. Will return for sure!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Four of us went here on Monday for what was supposed to be lunch. We were told there were no specials even though they advertise happy hour from 11-6, longest in Wildwood on their website, and it is their website which at one point we were told it wasn't. We decided to have something to drink and eat somewhere else. 2 orange crush alcoholic drinks and 2 cokes with a 25% tip was $30, what a joke. They will not see any of us again.

1  Thank Jim R

Hi Jim,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I want to apologize for your experience. I am not sure why you were told there is no happy hour when we have a great happy hour. I will make sure to discuss this with my staff so that this does not happen again.
Thank you for your time.
TJ