“Bad service, cold food and poor entertainment by a woman and a partner!”
Review of La Piazza Cucina - CLOSED

La Piazza Cucina
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: I like to thank all of you for the great comments it really means a lot to me and my family i think when you work hard and believe in what you are doing and people recognize it say nice things it makes it all worth while thank you all and god bless you all best always joey m
Reviewed October 3, 2015

I'm sorry but my mother and I will never go back to this crappy Italian restaurant. I took my mother to this place for her birthday and we will never go back! We arrived here early but still had to wait for the staff to get their head together and seat us. (Too busy chatting with the boyfriend) After being seated we ordered our food and I thought we'd get it nice and hot since hardly anyone else was in the joint. Wrong! 36 min later our food arrived at the table, cold!
Very disappointed! On top of that, some lady and her partner were singing old songs from the 1980's and she sounded like a cat in heat. Very high pitched. Awful! I think they were called Bittersour or sweet, something like that. I'm used to paying top dollar in restaurants along the shore. But my money was wasted here. Sorry folks, but it was a bad experience and we will not be going back. Ever!

Reviewed May 16, 2015 via mobile

Four day stay in Wildwood Crest for a wedding, we headed to La Piazza for Friday Night dinner. The band had the place jumping, the crowd was older, but fun. We both had Veal Saltumbocca.. It was a bit salty, and the pasta was a bit overdone, but all in all it was a good staff and a fun dinner.

4  Thank NJBernie62
Reviewed April 25, 2015

Just average. Food taste was very good, however the ratio of price to portion was poor. If the description says chicken, shrimp & scallops, then please put some shrimp & scallops on it. The scallops were very small, could have been real but looked and tasted more like skate or shark meat and there were only two of them along with two 21/25 shrimp for $26.99. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Suzanne B
Reviewed April 22, 2015

If you are looking for great Italian food, a lot of fun and an exciting place to spend a few hours, this is the place. Try to visit when Joey M is singing Frank Sinatra and the band swings out to the oldies. Bring your dancing shoes too and let loose on the dance floor. You may even be lucky enough to bump into celebrities such as Bobby Rydell, Frankie Avalon or Little Anthony. My wife and I did, as well as, Lesley Gore, may she rest in peace. This was a few years ago. Joey M is terrific and a great host. All the food is delicious but my favorite to order is, and always will be, the Chicken Parm. You have to go folks!! Thanks Joey M, keep up the great work ~

Reviewed February 16, 2015

We have been in town for a sporting event the past two Valentines Days and have been fortunate to bring a large group for dinner each year. We are grateful that they accommodated us, especially on such a busy night for them. Love the classic old fashion local Italian vibe of this place, including the entertainment! We were disappointed that we needed to be in and out this year before the entertainment started. The entire restaurant joining in on "Sweet Caroline" last year was classic! The food is quite good and the portions huge. Service was solid. It's a bit on the expensive side, but we understand they have to pay the bills and we are just glad to have access to a place like this in the off season.