“We were disappointed”
Review of La Piazza Cucina - CLOSED

La Piazza Cucina
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: I like to thank all of you for the great comments it really means a lot to me and my family i think when you work hard and believe in what you are doing and people recognize it say nice things it makes it all worth while thank you all and god bless you all best always joey m
Reviewed 22 June 2016

While the food was okay once it arrived, our problems began when we were greeted by a hostess who refused to give up talking on her phone while she seated us. The wait for the meal seemed to never end. In fact, it took us 20 minutes to simply get water brought to the table. Our waiter was very overworked. We had been seated beside very large party taking up several tables despite the fact that there were a plethora of empty tables throughout the establishment. Our water tried serving us (as well as the large party beside us), but he obviously could have used assistance of from other servers - all of whom stood around seemingly idle while they waited for more customers to arrive. Despite it’s stellar reputation, we will not be returning to this restaurant on future visits.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

I'm sorry but my mother and I will never go back to this crappy Italian restaurant. I took my mother to this place for her birthday and we will never go back! We arrived here early but still had to wait for the staff to get their head together and seat us. (Too busy chatting with the boyfriend) After being seated we ordered our food and I thought we'd get it nice and hot since hardly anyone else was in the joint. Wrong! 36 min later our food arrived at the table, cold!
Very disappointed! On top of that, some lady and her partner were singing old songs from the 1980's and she sounded like a cat in heat. Very high pitched. Awful! I think they were called Bittersour or sweet, something like that. I'm used to paying top dollar in restaurants along the shore. But my money was wasted here. Sorry folks, but it was a bad experience and we will not be going back. Ever!

Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

Four day stay in Wildwood Crest for a wedding, we headed to La Piazza for Friday Night dinner. The band had the place jumping, the crowd was older, but fun. We both had Veal Saltumbocca.. It was a bit salty, and the pasta was a bit overdone, but all in all it was a good staff and a fun dinner.

4  Thank NJBernie62
Reviewed 25 April 2015

Just average. Food taste was very good, however the ratio of price to portion was poor. If the description says chicken, shrimp & scallops, then please put some shrimp & scallops on it. The scallops were very small, could have been real but looked and tasted more like skate or shark meat and there were only two of them along with two 21/25 shrimp for $26.99. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Suzanne B
Reviewed 22 April 2015

If you are looking for great Italian food, a lot of fun and an exciting place to spend a few hours, this is the place. Try to visit when Joey M is singing Frank Sinatra and the band swings out to the oldies. Bring your dancing shoes too and let loose on the dance floor. You may even be lucky enough to bump into celebrities such as Bobby Rydell, Frankie Avalon or Little Anthony. My wife and I did, as well as, Lesley Gore, may she rest in peace. This was a few years ago. Joey M is terrific and a great host. All the food is delicious but my favorite to order is, and always will be, the Chicken Parm. You have to go folks!! Thanks Joey M, keep up the great work ~