“Perfect family getaway at Daytona!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daytona Inn

Daytona Inn
Ranked #11 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Media, Pennsylvania
“Perfect family getaway at Daytona!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Well let me start off by saying that we read the reviews of the Daytona and decided that this place seemed to be the best suited for my family's needs. (Not sure what some picky people are talking about with the room sizes?) We reserved a one bedroom suite that came with a kitchenette, 2 queen beds and a pull out sleeper sofa. The room had a separate bedroom and living room and was very clean. The decor of the room was very cheery and had two tv's in the unit so the kids could watch disney in the living room by themselves.
Another great thing about this hotels is that it has 2 pools so if one is a little crowded (the front pool was!) you can always head over to the other one and we had the back pool to ourselves on one of the days. Also, they have 3 gas grills available near the rear pool with tables with umbrellas set up so you can barbecue!
They have discount waterpark and ride passes available at the front desk also that will save you a few bucks from what they charge on the boardwalk.
The hotel is very well maintained and the whole staff is very attentive and cheerful. They were very easy to deal with and had a lot of helpful suggestions for us for dinner and area attractions. Also, (and this is a biggy) they DO NOT rent to partiers or teenagers unless it is a family so this is a very quiet and family oriented place to bring you little ones.
This hotel is very convenient to the boardwalk, the beach and all the restaurants are nearby as well and we will definitely be back next year!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Alison J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
ocean city, nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

we stayed at the daytona motor inn for 3 nights during the second week of july. while they might have larger units in a building across the street from the motel, the rooms in the motel itself are not much bigger than a walk in closet. there was barely enough room for a bed. i have never stayed in a smaller room in any motel or hotel. the price was reasonable but it's obvious that the price is low because of the small size of the room.
the motel is only 1 block away from the beach, but you have to cross two streets and the block is very long. in addition the beach is extremely wide and you have to walk really far to get to the water.
eventhough it was cheap, the daytona motor inn is not a very comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nickstevens
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Very nice ,clean .close to the boardwalk, the manager eric was very nice and polite like a brother, doesnt feel like a hotel feels more like a pleasent home, all the employees were nice,

2 Thank Abdu62
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I needed a room because my fiancé had business in Wildwood and I took the opportunity to tag along. We needed to find a place to stay on very short notice and this was a reasonably priced option with one queen sized bed. Other perks included great location, within a block it two away from boardwalk and one of the Moreys piers, and the staff were nicer than I expected (younger man). There was also plenty of parking and I got a good discount via AAA. Only downside was the room was on the small side and the door was not very good at blocking outside noise, I could hear kids yelling in the pool area with my door shut. It's also lacking in the shampoo and hair dryer realm. There was the traditional coffee with small coffee maker, mini fridge, TV (no HBO here) and microwave. I would stay here again if I needs a place to sleep on short notice and a tight budget.

Room Tip: Book thru AAA for discounted price and avoid room by the pool if you enjoy silence
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank crystalregnurse
Hunlo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Stayed at one of the apts. across the street diagonally from the hotel on the 1st floor(4adults, 1child). The apt was ok. Looked just like the picture did on their website. When I called I asked if the bedrooms would fit a twin blow up mattress on floor for my young child and the guy said probably not. I could have fit one on the side of bed and at the bottom of it. The only complaint I had about it was that the furniture was stained and that 2 chairs had cigarette burns in them, but otherwise it was kept very clean. The outside grounds were also clean . The place did not smell. There was only parking for one car and they told us to park our other car on the street. The parking spaces were full all the time. They had 3 window air conditioners. 1 in each bedroom and 1 in the living room that kept it cool. They were just real loud which kept the street noise down at night. They also just had blinds on the windows in the bedroom which did not help with light at night. Our rooms were not dark at all. It had a small electric stove, refridgerator/freezer, 2 grills outside, and one picnic table for all the apts(which there were many). We were able to cook on the grills without a problem and they were clean. We got to use the 2 pools that they had across the street at the hotel. They both were small and crowded each day. Could have been bigger for size of hotel. I feel this is the cheepest section in wildwood that they forgot to update. Good access to boardwalk and beach. Right by ramp to get on boardwalk. They say free wifi, but the service is poor in the apts. Have to go over by hotel for it and it's still low. They will give you a code at front desk if you ask. For the money I paid I feel it was worth it. Just wish it was quieter and the parking was better. Didn't have to deal with the staff except for checkin.

Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

Just arrived home from a great vacation in Wildwood. My sister, my father and I have been staying at the Daytona Motor Inn for many years. They always treat my father like a "King". Derek,the pool guy(sorry I forgot his name) and all the staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to make you very comfortable. The rooms are clean and well kept. We always enjoy our stay there and look forward to returning again next year.

Bayonne, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Daytona was close to the board walk and many different restaurants. But it was very small, the bathroom door was broken and
the atmosphere was very family friendly. My kids went in to the pool in the front only to see a 50+ year old woman wearing a string bikini, a man eating a slice of pizza and drinking a beer at 9 o'clock in the morning. There were many adults by the pool with beers in there hands. It was also pretty loud for a family atmosphere. I would not take my children into that atmosphere again. It didn't really appear to be a family friendly hotel. In relation to the room...it had a mildew smell to it, our door looked like it hadn't been painted in years, our tv was probably the smallest tv I've ever had in a room before. Although very affordable and close to the boardwalk, I will pay more money for a better atmosphere and room setting.

• 2 of 5 bubbles