“One of the best location in Wildwoods for family vacations”
Review of Port Royal Hotel

Port Royal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Montreal
“One of the best location in Wildwoods for family vacations”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This hotel is right on the beach. The family suite are just perfect. The pool and activities are near everything. Good food on the terrasse. Very afordable for the quality of hotel

Room Tip: Choose a room either on pool or beach.Corner unit have both
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Famillesabord

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We visited Wildwood for the first time in 2011 for Beach Blast, a soccer tournament. We didn't know what to expect and relied on TripAdvisor for hotel recommendations. This hotel is AWESOME. We had an oceanfront suite that as a bonus also overlooked a beautiful park. The room was clean, spacious, and perfect for us. Our son loved his "private den," an alcove that had bunk beds. The restaurant was reasonably priced, and the food tasty. One night, I took a beer and my iPad to the lobby to catch up on emails. The manager on duty walked up and very politely told me the hotel did not allow alcohol in the lobby. I was embarrassed and apologized. He explained that maintaining a good family environment was part of what the hotel was all about. What a great idea and nice touch. The manager was totally cool during the interaction, and he even gave me a "red cup" rather than accept my offer to discard the beer. The pool is heated, clean, and beautiful. This place is a gem. We wish we could stay there this year, but we can't stay for the 4-day requirement based on some other commitments during during Beach Blast.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Fiveputt
Madison, NJ
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I have been to Wildwood many times, but this was one of the most pleasant places to stay. In the Crest, yet closer to the boardwalk end of Ocean Ave. The pool area is AMAZING! looks like it should be on a resort; no need to even go to the beach! Rooms were clean and well maintained, great lunch spot as well. Overall, very satisfied with the Port Royal and would definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jessica B
Indianapolis, In
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We have stayed at this hotel each Fall for the past 10 years. We love this hotel & wouldn't stay anywhere else. It's always clean and well kept. I love how they try and give you the same room each year - it's like coming home. Views from the balcony are beautiful. The weekend we're there they have entertainment in the park next door followed by fireworks. The staff is friendly & always willing to help. We usually have one dinner & a couple breakfasts in the hotel restaurant - food is always good & well presented. Only comment I would make is the restaurant is usually very busy & wait staff seems hurried at times.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bnbooks
new jersey
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My stay at the Port royal was Wonderful!!!! Everyone of the staff members were so nice and helpful. My room was Beautiful and clean with a Beautiful view of the Amazing pool area and the ocean and a Private Balconey overlooking all of that beauty to sit and relax.The food was Great they gave you more then enough to eat.I can't say enough about how AWESOME our stay was. Morey's fear's was excellent!!!! I screamed so much i had a soar throat!!! They did such a great Job, i am so looking forward to next year. i wouldn't stay anywhere else after my stay at the Port Royal, they spoiled me. : ))))) Thank You Donna Garcia

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank nuggilito
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We have been going to Port Royal in Wildwood Crest for over 10 years. We started out going during a summer vacation but then realized the wonderful off season specials they have in the spring and fall. The fall specials are fantastic, we have been going with 5 other couples for over then years now. The staff is wonderful and the hotel is modern and the rooms are immaculate. We always request the ocean front rooms, the view and the sound of the ocean are so relaxing. Their restaurant in the hotel is wonderful as well, we especially enjoy the dinner we receive with our package on Saturday evening. If you choose to go out for meals, just ask Rod he knows all the best places to go. The Port Royal is by far the best hotel in the crest. We're already booked for next year.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank PoconoGroup
magic land
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I absolutely love the Port Royal Hotel. I have been going there since I was 10 years old. I actually feeel at home when I am there. Louise at the front desk is wonderful. Always helping with reservations the few years our usual week had to be changed. Rita, head of housekeeping has an amazing staff. Even the owner John would make it a point to say hello to my mother who never missed a year since 1976.

When my mother got elderly, the maids made such a fuss over her every year. It was so nice of them to remember her year after year. When she passed away in 2008, we received cards from the staff.

I now go every summer with my two daughters who love the hotel. It's great to go to a place and feel that your kids are safe at the pool, game room and in the lobby.

I plan to keep the tradition going with my children. We are looking forward to our 2012 vacation.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
0.5 km away
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
#5 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Port Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!