All reviewsroyal grillefficiency apartmentdeluxe hotel roomnext yearupscale hotelbeautiful hotelthe jersey shoreocean frontthese yearsfront desk staffother hotelson site restaurantthe entire staffthe hotel is cleanfree concertsmother's dayupdated rooms
Reviewed October 3, 2017

My husband and I have been coming to the Port Royal Hotel for the past several years and I finally decided I should comment on what a great place this is to stay. The staff are always professional and helpful. The rooms are lovely and very clean and the pool area is just amazing. There is always a place to relax in either sun or in shade. They also have a restaurant and snack bar. Everything you could want is right there. Already looking forward to my stay there again.

Room Tip: I like the pool side vs the park but you can see the ocean either side.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank barbarabgs
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

We've been vacationing here in September for the past 15 years. Been to other resorts but nothing compares to the Port Royal. Rooms are extremely CLEAN & all have gorgeous views of the ocean. The entire staff from the front desk (Anne & Louise), pool attendant (Umberto),housekeeping & waitstaff (Barb,Bobbi &Kathy) are incredibly friendly, efficient & helpful. When staying here, it feels like home away from home! The staff is so welcoming! The lovely beach is right at your footsteps. Beach is immaculate & groomed every morning. Their well maintained heated pool is lovely & there are shaded areas if so desired. They run special package deals also. For one week you are given 7 breakfast, 2 lunches & 2 dinners. The food at the Royal Grill is excellent. Their Prime Rib is SUPER delicious!! The only negative is that the time flies by too fast & it's time to head home. Can't wait till September 2018 for our next visit! Be sure to make your reservations soon! Hurry up 2018!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Janice K
Reviewed October 1, 2017

My wife and I have pretty much stayed in every hotel/motel in Wildwood. For a wedding in Cape May in late September, we decided to give the Port Royal a try; we always wanted to stay there since we've eaten in their restaurant many times over the years. Along with our 3 sons, we stayed for one night in room 419 and were accommodated for early check-in. The hotel was clean and modern with a nautical theme. The furnishings were in good shape and there was ample space, including a kitchen. The staff were courteous as well. The beds were a little hard, but good- far beyond the comically uncomfortable beds that seem to be universal in Wildwood. The night cost $260. We'll consider a return during the summer months but the cost will determine whether feasible or not. We were told they have deals that include breakfast, lunch and dinner; that may make it worth it for the five of us but I'll have to look into it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2017

Just came back from a brief 3-night stay at this lovely hotel. What a gorgeous hotel, excellent staff and great food! Honestly, the staff can't do enough for you. It's truly an old-school mentality here. I was reminded of hotels from yesteryear when I visited Miami Beach where a meal plan was included in your package. And the food was delicious. When you go ( Fall or Spring) get the 3-night package which included breakfast for two for three days, lunch for two for one day and dinner for two for one night. Honestly, I think we only went out to dinner one night! Did I mention the view? Gorgeous. Only thing that would make this hotel perfect is a pet friendly addition. Go--you'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the pool face a bucolic park and give you an ample view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2017

I have been coming here for many years now and it just keeps getting better. The hotel is always being updated, the rooms are very clean with very nice bedding and bathroom towels. Everything you need. The staff are very accommodating. It's almost like going to visit family and they make it very welcoming for you. There are smiles from everyone! The lounge is very large and is nice to relax and reflect. The restaurant is very clean and I have never had a bad meal there. The view from every room is awesome! There is also Centennial Park on the north side that has free concerts that are so nice for the whole famly. The pool is large, heated, and clean. Nice seating outside on the deck area with shade, tables, chairs and still plenty of room for lounge chairs for the sunbathers. The ocean is right in front of the hotel with easy access. I can't say enough good things. It's an oasis tucked away from the hustle and bustle if you so desire or minutes from all the action. PLEASE on your next trip try The Port Royal, you will come back again and again

Room Tip: North side rooms face the board walk in the distance and a beautiful park where there are free concerts. South side overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family