All reviewsroyal grillefficiency apartmentdeluxe hotel roomnext yearupscale hotelbeautiful hotelthe jersey shoreocean frontthese yearsfront desk staffother hotelson site restaurantthe entire staffthe hotel is cleanfree concertsmother's dayupdated rooms
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Stella in their reservations department made making our reservation both easy and very pleasant. She went out of her way to assist me. We checked in on a Friday night and were very disappointed to find no air conditioning. Granted it was 56 and raining outside, it was hot and humid in the room making sleeping impossible. I wasn't happy about the situation but even less happy when we found out the next morning the AC was broken but that management decided to turn it off because the temp outside was cool enough. The room was laid out and decorated nicely. The carpet definitely needed to be replaced. The room was generally clean but we found an unused toddler pullup under the vanity and some used tissues behind the nightstand. The bathroom was spotless! The beds were comfy. The sliding glass patio door and screen needed some TLC. The view is to die for. We could hear the ocean all night. The food in the restaurant was very good but we had the same grumpy waitress both mornings. The hostess was incredibly nice, we have her every time we visit. All in all this is a very nice hotel but I think a little overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lynnkennethd
Reviewed October 12, 2017

Stayed for 2 nights at the end of July. The beach is awesome. We have stayed in their sister property down the beach. I liked this one better. My wife liked the other one better. Service was good. We were at the beach most of the time and didn't spend much time in the hotel. Staff was very courteous

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2017

First time staying at PR, late in the season and many hotels were already closed, so finding this place was a fluke. But one of the best experiences in Wildwood area ever. From the front desk to the service in the restaurant, the staff could not have been nicer. Clean rooms and pretty much on the beach. Most of the guests we met were repeat annual guests for 30-40 years!! That alone say's something about the quality and friendly atmosphere you'll encounter. We'll book again next year.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view, but the east end balconies face the ocean and are more spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave C
Reviewed October 3, 2017

My husband and I have been coming to the Port Royal Hotel for the past several years and I finally decided I should comment on what a great place this is to stay. The staff are always professional and helpful. The rooms are lovely and very clean and the pool area is just amazing. There is always a place to relax in either sun or in shade. They also have a restaurant and snack bar. Everything you could want is right there. Already looking forward to my stay there again.

Room Tip: I like the pool side vs the park but you can see the ocean either side.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank barbarabgs
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

We've been vacationing here in September for the past 15 years. Been to other resorts but nothing compares to the Port Royal. Rooms are extremely CLEAN & all have gorgeous views of the ocean. The entire staff from the front desk (Anne & Louise), pool attendant (Umberto),housekeeping & waitstaff (Barb,Bobbi &Kathy) are incredibly friendly, efficient & helpful. When staying here, it feels like home away from home! The staff is so welcoming! The lovely beach is right at your footsteps. Beach is immaculate & groomed every morning. Their well maintained heated pool is lovely & there are shaded areas if so desired. They run special package deals also. For one week you are given 7 breakfast, 2 lunches & 2 dinners. The food at the Royal Grill is excellent. Their Prime Rib is SUPER delicious!! The only negative is that the time flies by too fast & it's time to head home. Can't wait till September 2018 for our next visit! Be sure to make your reservations soon! Hurry up 2018!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family