All reviews owners chris heated pool water toys hundred feet rooms are clean ocean water many years next year kiddie section small kitchen wildwood boardwalk family and friends short drive kitchen area small children home away from home every morning
Reviewed September 1, 2018

We have been staying here for years and we are never disappointed, situated close to the beach on a quieter part of the island. It's always perfect and Chris and Kathy are always so helpful if we ever need anything.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2018

My family and I have been staying at the Mark 1 Motel for over 20 years! We love it there. The rooms are clean and spacious and the owners are super friendly and will fix any issues that may arise, which is a rare occurrence. The cleaning staff that work there are great and they have been working there for many years which is a testament to Chris and Kathy, the owners, as wonderful, caring and fair employers. It's only a couple of miles to Morey's Pier and I love to walk to it every morning when I stay here. As I said in my title it's mere steps from the beach, there is only one other motel that is in front of it which is on the beach. They have a nice big pool in the center of the motel which I have a hard time getting my son out of every night! They not only have regular motel rooms with small refrigerators in them, they have efficiency rooms and one bedroom apartments within the motel. It's perfect for larger families and people that like to cook all their meals like we do. There is also a beach house which is behind the motel that can be rented. Mark 1 is like home away from home for my family and me.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I usually rent condos for a week in the Crest, but the place we usually rent was booked by the time we got our act together to make plans. We decided to stay at the Mark 1 based on other reviews and we are so happy we did. The Mark 1 is one of the cleanest places we have ever stayed in. The owners are very friendly and are available at all times. The location is amazing. You are half a block from the beach and the motel has a heated pool. They have several types of rooms to choose from. I would suggest the smallest room for just a couple because it is cramped. There were 4 of us in the room (daughters 9 and 14) and the beds are full-sized. We are already looking forward to visiting again next year.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank njwebbs
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

We've been coming to the Mark 1 ever since I've been a child. The Mark 1 provides a great South Jersey experience, with easy access to the beach and a great pool. Its always clean, and the property owners are always there in case there is something that needs to be attended to during your stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2018

I thought it was a very clean little family motel. Catered to middle class families looking for a little quiet place to sleep after a day on the beach or boardwalk. My family is used to more upscale places on my dime so they were a little disappointed.

Me growing up in a blue colllar jersey family where we scraped pennies to go to wildwood for a week, this place bought back memories. Not the waldorf not a flop house.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family