“Surprisingly, A Relaxing Stay!”
Review of Aqua Beach Resort

Aqua Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Swainton, New Jersey
“Surprisingly, A Relaxing Stay!”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Originally, I had my doubts about staying in Wildwood Crest, but after staying at Aqua Beach I've taken a new perspective. Upon arrival we expected to see out of style furnishing and retro-esque room layouts, as advertised and assumed, but after seeing the room itself, I was pleasantly surprised. However, we knew that during our stay we would be transferred into a different room, which we expected to be a hassle, and worried that the new room was as advertised. I couldn't have been more wrong. The front desk staff was more than helpful with making the transfer quick and easy, while housekeeping was very understanding. Yet one of my few complaints is about the actual maids. When I asked if one of the housekeepers would mind servicing my room when I saw her outside my room, she scowled at me and nodded yes. When I returned to my room later that night, I noticed I needed fresh towels, so I went down to the front desk where Jon, Tony, Alex, and Dana were all quite helpuful. Another warning, when transferring; keep your cell phone near you at all times!!! When checking out there was a minor problem with my bill. I was charged more than the exact price for my Largo room. Alfreda was quick in helping me get what I was owed back. Overall a great stay though. There were few problems and I really loved the bikers and the beach!!!

Room Tip: Ask for anything renovated above the third floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tom f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Manchester NJ
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Aqua Beach has their web site divided into different catagories. We chose a three bedroom condo on Buttercup Ave, behind the Aqua Beach resort. It was spectacular! Although we didnt have a direct view of the ocean, while standing on the balcony you could get a glimpse. The pools (kiddie and adult) were clean and inviting but had a hard time getting them to open it at the posted time in the morning. Also the second day no one came to clean the condo and the third they didn't come until 3:00. Even with these small inconveniences our stay was one of the best we've ever had and will def stay there next year!

Room Tip: remember these condos are individually owned...ours was beautiful Condo number 203 in the Monarch
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank robinsocialworker
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed at Aqua Beach resort the day after Irene until 9/2. We booked the stay 5 days for the price of 4 & lost out on the free day because of Irene (no refunds & couldn't extend a day per the hotel which was unfortunate). We had a Bimini room. It appears to have been recently re-done & the decor was pleasant. It was pool side/view. We were right by the entrance gate to the pool which is very loud but since we were up early most days we didn't mind to much. Our room was very nice and clean. Many rooms at the shore get that musty odor but ours was fine & housekeeping used a nice smelling cleanser. Housekeeping staff did a great job daily making up our room, cleaning, and sweeping the sand we drug in. The room was spacious with a small fridge, microwave and comfortable king sized bed. The decor was nice. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The only thing I didn't like was that there was no areas on or around the sink to put stuff (like your toothbrush, toothpaste etc). Our jacuzzi tub was sluggish but we only used it once. It was also cleaned daily by housekeeping. The 5th floor Cabana was wonderful. Not many people utilized it but we sure did to lay out, relax, and have a drink. We found it to be very relaxing. It has a nice view & a water mist. It was one of the best attributes! The staff we encountered were all friendly. We didn't have to call or go to the front desk for anything so I cannot comment on the customer service. We had no issues with our room and had an exceptional stay & plan on staying again next year and possibly planning to rent one of their suites/condos! Great time!

Room Tip: Bimini room is Perfect for two.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mugsy1976
Kearny, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Went to wildwood with the lowest expectations from this hotel...and u know what??? its not that bad at all, the room we stayed at is the largo its just as pictured on the website, it was really clean and smelled really good, great view, very good sevice the lobby was super clean and also smelled really good. Overall, i really liked the hotel, the room was title i made sure it was when booking because i didint want my kids stepping on carpet even tough the room is more expensive is worth it, i mean como'n carpet? of course its dirty and let me tell you the 90% of the hotels in wildwood have carpet this is one of the few that offers title rooms. I really love the pool area my kids really enjoyed the trip so did the rest of the family we sure will b comming back next summer!!!!!!

Room Tip: just stop being cheap and upgrade for a title room, carpet rooms not as good and clean.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Johy0917
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Last minute trip to the shore, this place was only one of a handful that had a 2 night stay available for a holiday weekend. Looked at the website and the PDF brochure - place looks AMAZING - was expensive, but everything is on a holiday weekend down here... Came on to tripadvisor and WOW the reviews are so mixed i didn't know what to think - so took a shot. We got a BIMINI room (134) , 1 king bed, shower/jacuzzi - and I'd say the overall experience was positive.

PARKING - like most people say, unless you have a compact car, parking is nearly impossible unless you take up 2 spots, which most people with SUVS seem to do - you will squeeze into a spot, but then its tough to get in/get out, and if you want to drive somewhere, you are taking your chances finding a spot after 8pm.

CHECK-IN- desk people wre nice, check in was easy - only interaction with the staff.

ROOM- King sized bed, matress on 2 twin box springs - i've had softer sheets and pilow cases in a hospital room, but seemed clean (we brought our own throw/blanket. The furnature was circa 1977, room AC unit was loud but cool. Refrigerator/freezer was relative new and nice, as was the LG 37" flat TV. The room was also "spacious" enough, i.e. room to move around. The bathroom was SUPER CLEAN... shower stall, jacuzzi, basin, and toilet all spotless. Tile in the bathroom clean, carpet in the the main part of room was worn, stained in spots, and was coming up a little from the threshold into the bathroom but not as horrible as others describe on here. There was a slight odor when we first came in, like a mix of fabreze and cigs, but faint and it went away as we acclaimed totheroom. All in all, the room was decent, but absolutely nohing like i had expected from their website and brochure which seems to be the problem with this place - they set high expectations - a little deceiving.

LOCATION - place is a few hundred feet form the beach and about a black form the wildwood boardwalk, great location.

POOL - didnt sue the pool but it looked nice and clean.

ATMOSPHERE - a lot of families and a lot of kids. Was quiet late at night and early in the morning.

They have a workput room with a few machines, and free filtered WIFI - they also have 4 or 5 computers for guest use. I never did make it hat upper deck others write about.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JT609
Ringoes, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Horrible......rooms are old and runned down...peeling paint,faulty shower heads with no flow,toilet clogged, the list goes on an on.....Noisy teens partying til the early am..... Pool is old and in disrepair.......thank god hurricane Irene saved us and we bolted after one horrible night.....with a 2/3 refund.......whew! All for over 250 bucks a night....typical jersey shore....not sure why people go here......I'll resume my trips to cape cod in the future

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Fitedoc
Branchville, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Since day one, the room smelled of urine and the toilet was clogged. I had to complaint three times before the toilet was fixed on the second day. The toilet wasn't even attached to the floor properly, it was loose. The carpet in the room was disgusting; all wrinkled and wet by the bathroom and very dirty. The free chairs they offer are all broken and rusty, not what you expect. In all the brochure pictures are VERY deceiving; the place looks like a dump NOT a resort as they perceive.

Room Tip: Don't even think of going there...the place is a dump!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2.7 km away
Acacia Beachfront Resort
Acacia Beachfront Resort
#10 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!