All reviewsocean viewkids playbedroom windowsummer vacationfamily vacationvolleyball
Reviewed August 29, 2017

All rooms face the beach. With a pool, beach, volleyball, cafe, and common areas steps away from your room, it's a great place for families and kids considering the price. It is a no frills place, and is really an "efficiency", not a condo. You can stay for 5 nights here, versus 1 or 2 nights at a high end place. The kids could run onto the beach anytime of day or night safely (older kids). The Sun Dog cafe has very good quality food, the salad I had was outstanding for the price considering it was beach side. I would say a room comfortably sleeps 4. It is not fancy, and not a full service resort, it's more like camping next to the beach. There are plenty of grills in the common area and some families knew what to do and produced beautiful sit-down dinners. The view of the Friday night fireworks was great. If you're fussy or ocd, bring your own blankets and pillows. There were families of all sorts, we enjoyed the crowd. The rooms were quiet, I didn't here any noise (I also pack a sound machine). I would go back. We could not get the wifi to work, but I would rather the kids play with crabs and minnows than the latest app.

Room Tip: All rooms face the beach and the pool
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

My husband, three kids and I recently stayed 3 nights at the Madrid for our summer vacation. My initial impression was good. Our unit was relatively spacious and clean with an updated kitchenette and beach decor. We were on the first floor, next to the pool with an ocean view. There were gas grills available for guests to make dinner, which we utilized one evening. The little cafe located onsite was reasonably priced with good iced coffee and simple but tasty options for lunch or an afternoon snack.

There were a few minor maintenance issues in the unit that were quickly addressed. Although we were unable to get the wifi working.It's also worth noting that we were not given the exact unit we had booked. We were supposed to have 2 bunk beds instead of a second double bed. However, since my stepson opted not to go, it wasn't an issue. Not sure what we would have done otherwise.

The office was only open until 7, which unfortunately meant the pool also closed at 7 each evening. We would have liked to be able to swim in the evening.

On our second night, there was a loud party on the floor above us and teenagers running around yelling outside the bedroom window, and had no way to contact management. There were no emergency phone numbers. After 11 pm I sent a message to the Madrid Facebook page, and received a message back a short while later recommending that I call the police about the noise. I did not feel this was an adequate response. Especially since they advertise as being family friendly and that they do not allow students or partying.

I don't think we will stay at the Madrid again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Carly12401
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

We were on the first floor and facing the ocean and looking at the pool.
We found out on the 3rd day there was a good place connected to the condos.
The walk to the beach was easy, clean and nice.
The hotel was decent and beds were decent.
However the shower had mold & a moldy shower curtain and leaked. It was terrible to give kids a shower in.
We left for lunch and came back to one "partially" made bed (we had a double bed room) and no towels / wash clothes in our room. They took them out and did not replace.
Everytime we turned the TV off it would come back on, so weird.
I told the girl at desk and said housekeeping left and she has no towels to give.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

I would look elsewhere when staying in WC. The management is almost nonexistent and unwilling to help when we could find them. People throwing full beers off balconies and parking issues. We won't be back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Dan M
Reviewed July 1, 2017

Just came home yesterday and won't stay there again. While daily housekeeping was good and unit was clean, there is no maintenance person on site. The units are individually owned and obviously basic checks are not done between renters. We were in unit 503. We had missing light bulbs, chirping smoke alarms, a stove vent/light that didn't function, and the main window's curtain rod hanging off the wall. The curtain rod was reported within 2 hours of arrival and wasn't fixed for the next 2 days. The light bulbs were never taken care of. Also both my son and nephew came out of the pool with blue stains all over their suits and swim shirts. Apparently some kind of paint or stain used on the pool???? It's a shame that better care isn't taken overall with this property. It has real potential if properly managed and maintained.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family