All reviews sun deck private balcony ice cream shop next year ocean resort great place to stay recommend this resort short walk full kitchen location is great clean rooms never stay anywhere else first floor love this place staff was very friendly and helpful heated pool our home away from home
Reviewed September 25, 2018

I would recommend Water's Edge to anyone. I have been going to Water's Edge for the last 20 years. I stayed at another hotel (15 years) in Wildwood Crest but they never updated anything in their rooms. So I started looking for another place in Wildwood Crest and ended up at Water's Edge Ocean Resort. I go to Wildwood twice a year and always stay here. The owners Diane and Jimmy and staff are unbelieveable, they are VERY friendly, helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. There is always something new that has been replaced in the rooms and on the grounds every year. The place is always clean and spotless. I recommend Water's Edge to friends and family. The location to the Ocean and Boardwalk are tremendous. The ice cream shop CONE CRAZY located down stairs is also a very nice place and the cones and sundaes are wonderful.

Deborah and Frank Nicely

Room tip: I have stayed in the following rooms depending on how many people were in my party. ROOM C, D and E and they were all great.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Very close to end of boardwalk. Clean rooms. Nice staff. And very good for the price. I come back every year with friends and always have a great time. Pool is heated and right across the street from the beach and a pier to go fishing.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

As mentioned this is the 30th year for our family and friends End of Sumner Bash. My parents started this event here and now my mom continues with assist from her kids. This hotel has been amazing every year. Always updating. Always clean. And very, very friendly. They go above and beyond to meet the wants, needs and requests of all their guests and remember names and faces from years gone by. Having read some of the past reviews I feel the need to say if you wanted cushy furniture and all the comforts of home then try the Waldorf Astoria but if you want wonderful family atmosphere and a place to have fun this is the place for you. I will continue to recommend it to all that I know are headed to the Crest.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I have stayed here with someone else paying for the last few years. I have stayed on the 3rd floor every time with a beach view. (It should be mentioned that the ocean is far away in Wildwood. The beach is one of the longest I have ever seen.) The balcony is basic concrete with 2 chairs and a small table. You could sit out there in the chair comfortably, but it is to small too do much more than that.
The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The front desk area was renovated recently.

The 'suites' have a kitchenette in the living/dining room area. They provide a few pots, silverware, bowls and plates, but not much else. The guest is responsible for cleaning them and there is no dishwasher or even a drying rack.

The bedroom is separated via a door with a spring. It likes to close itself. The room looks nice, but is typical motel quality. The couch feels like it is plastic and is not very comfortable long term. The table and chairs (4) for eating are very basic. The desk is equally as basic and not somewhere I would want to sit for a full work day, but it should be functional.

The beds (2 full size) are horrible. They have been described as sleeping on slate, concrete and other flat non-forgiving materials. I quickly learned to bring my mattress pads which are about 4" thick just to be able to sleep in the beds. I have heard the same thing from numerous other guests, including those staying in the 'new' rooms.

The TVs are probably no more than 19" and it doesn't appear that the TVs can interpret HD channels. (Either that or the hotel only pays for SD channels.). I think they had 20 channels in total, including the local ABC, Fox, etc. There is a TV in the bedroom and living room.

The bedroom, which is where the door is, has a small levar window. It neither insulates the room or blocks any noise. They look like they are original to the hotel. The bedroom includes a dresser, a luggage stand and 2 bars to hang a few shirts or pants. There is no closet or other storage in the bedroom. The TV sits on a small 2 draw dresser in the living room.

The bathroom is 80s decor(yellowish) but mostly functional. In our bathroom the toilet paper dispenser was literally a foot off the ground. It barely clears the trash can and was difficult to use so low to the floor. The shower continues the same old tile and fixtures. The shower feels like it is spitting at you, but it does have good temperature range. I can take a shower in under 10 minutes at home. My average shower here was at least 30-45 minutes due to the very weak water pressure. All of the towels are great for exfoliation, but not so much for softness. Soap, shampoo and conditioner are provided. The shampoo and conditioner are from Dial.

Beyond the beds, our biggest complaint by far is that they only have A/C (old rooms). There can be cool days and nights, even during the summer. Even with the blankets, I am almost always cold in their rooms. I bring a small space heater. On the flip side, the A/C is very strong and it has no problem keeping up. I usually turn it off completely unless the temperature exceedes 95/100 outside.

In regards to the amenities, I never used most of them but they do appear to be clean. Finally, the old elevator is a bit slow and shows it's age. The elevator in the new section is worlds better than the old one and it is also considerably larger.

Room tip: New rooms have indirect beach view. Old rooms are beachfront. Avoid parking under the sun deck.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
watersedgemanager, Manager at Water's Edge Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We take a lot of pride and work very hard in the Winter to make updates and have the rooms as clean as we can for our guest. We try to provide as many amenities in the rooms as we can, but you must remember, we are a motel, not a personal home.
It is unfortunate that in our society today. that people see and comment on the negative instead of complimenting the positives especially when small businesses work tremendously hard. I ask that you not return with the guest you stayed with in the Future as it seems that we cannot make your vacation enjoyable.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

I have been staying here for years. I love it here. The location is great, the staff is wonderful, rooms are clean. It is my happy place. We were just there over the weekend and was the first time for rainy weather. We were able to upgrade to our favorite room, which is the bigger suite. Made the trip wonderful.

Robyn
Hershey, PA

Room tip: Would not stay on first floor in front of the pool, but that's just me. All rooms have great view and are great.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple