All reviews next year the hotel offers miniature golf flat screen block shuffleboard motel boardwalk microwave conditioner gas
Reviewed September 1, 2018

Always have a nice time here. Nice mix of young families. Entire place is well kept. One block from the beach. Near the Crest park which has weekly music performers. Owners are very helpful with restaurant suggestions. Looking forward to going back next summer.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2018

This was an absolute last minute decision as my wife and I only booked the day before sort of on a fluke. We spent 4 days/3 nights... We were looking to get away with our 3 kids and 2 month old for a few days of relaxation. We had been looking in 10 different places and this hotel had a last minute opening and we jumped hoping it would be what we needed and it was.

We had a Suite with a Kitchenette on the 3rd Floor over looking the pool and from our chairs we could see the beach and ocean clearly, no leaning in 10 different directions, it was right there, beautiful.

There were 3 beds, plenty for the 3 bigger kids and a bed for the adults. 2 TV's, a fridge/freezer (which were used very often). It had a kitchenette, microwave, sink, stove, cabinets (which they fill with dishes and utensils), we did not cook anything, but had snacks and leftovers to munch on for lunch.

The hotel pool was nice, warm with a diving board, we spent some hours in there with some of the other guests, it was a very friendly atmosphere. A lot of the hotel guests were out in front of their rooms, sitting on the chairs looking at the pool, beach, the other hotels, surroundings, etc...Pool was open 10-10, it was never rowdy and I never heard any noise in the room...

The hotel is surrounded by many other hotels, but this was very nice, the right price and well maintained and cleaned. The staff was very visable, I saw them cleaning the pool in the morning and even vacumming the mini golf holes, which is a credit to the staff. We asked for a couple of extra pillows, it was there in 5 minutes.

You are about 12 blocks from the start of the Boardwalk, so depending on how much you like to walk, you can walk, take the trolley, which stops right on the corner or drive and park in a lot or meter (we chose the latter).

Plenty of places to eat within a 5 minute drive, if you don't have food in your room for breakfast in the morning.

We walked to the beach, we walked to the CREST sign, we really enjoyed the experience.

My only real complaints are the bathroom is very small for 5 of us (but you can't win them all, not the hotels fault), just be aware...And bring drinks and snacks with you, while you can stop at a store, there isn't really anything other than a vending machine.

Strongly Recommend and we hope to back some summer days soon...

Room Tip: I would suggest being on the 2nd or 3rd floor, the 1st floor rooms are right in front of the pool, that would probably make me nuts.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is exceptionally clean and the rooms are equipped with brand new kitchens and flat screen TVs. The bathroom is older but clean and sufficient. The girlls are brand new, the outdoor seating area for each room has brand new chairs and the kitchen is stocked with dish plates, silver ware AND they provide dish soap and sponge. I had read great reviews before booking and was a tad skeptical but all good reviews are true! Will be back next year!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

I spent Memorial Day week end with my family of 5 at Wildwood.
We stayed at the compass motel for a few nights with other friends. The room was small but very clean and well set up. Two beds plus a sofa accommodated the 5 of us. There is a small table inside, a microwave, coffee machine and a fridge. Outdoors we had a small area for two chairs. Overall very good for the price.

The pool was heated and despite rainy weather was warm enough for the kids and adults to enjoy.

Overall a good place to stay and be near the beach

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

My three friends and I stayed at Compass for 4 nights last week. We had a deluxe suite with a kitchenette. I came overly prepared assuming there would be no supplies...I was wrong! There were plenty of pots, pans, and utensils, as well as soap and sponges. The cleaning girls were super friendly and gave us fresh bags and towels every morning along with some small talk. Our neighbors were all extremely friendly and made the stay even better. The pool goes up to 9 ft and has a mini diving board - definitely worth it if you don't want to go to the beach (which is directly across the street). Overall our room was quaint and peaceful; you could not hear anything from other rooms. We would definitely stay at Compass again for future Wildwood trips! Thank you to the staff for remaining friendly even with our incessant phone calls to the front desk - you made our girls trip wonderful!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends