“We'll Be Back Next Year.”

Shalimar Resort Motel
Ranked #41 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Clifton, New Jersey
“We'll Be Back Next Year.”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Overall our recent stay at the Shalimar was outstanding and Maria and her staff are the best in the business. We have been coming to Wildwood Crest for the past 20 years, having stayed at other places, The Sharilmar by far has been the best of them all. This was our second year saying there and we have already booked our stay for next year, and hopefully many years to come.

Thank you Maria and staff, you are the best.

Karen and Vinny Schiraldi and famiy

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Vinny613

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Midland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I have stayed her before and everytime has been a wonderful experience. The room was clean. Very close to the beach. My whole family had a blast. I would definately recommend this hotel to other people.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank buggyhon
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Let's start with the good points, because there are plenty of bad ones that outweigh the good. The pool was excellent, great for family, and a great grilling zone. The suite was okay but not very spacey for a family of four (even though it was a 2-room suite!) with an A/C. Generally everything looked clean until we looked in the coffeemaker. There was also no coffee, tea, shampoo(bring your own). The beds are not very comfortable, they shift. Didn't get much sleep. Room service wasn't responsive about coffee/shampoo/etc. Overall this is a poor-fair motel, and to say it is fair would be rather generous!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank sunsp0tter
Fords, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 September 2010

My friends & I have been coming here for 5 years .I have read the neg.reviews &feel i should respond to them.This establishment is a 9.5 on a scale of 1-10 . 10 being best.The management [ ALDO ] / [ Maria ] & their team /staff strive to maintain &treat their guests w/every courtesy due them! IWe have enjoyed & hopefully can come back to enjoy manny more Sept.Vacations here at the SHALIMAR RESORT!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ddrchico
Albany, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We chose the Shalimar because friends stayed last year and went back again this year. This year we joined them on vacation. We stayed in their "penthouse" - T3. It had three bedrooms and a wrap around balcony. It was myself, husband and four teenage girls. The girls had no complaints, they loved the pool. It is the only place that we found that left the pool open until 10 pm, most close at 6 or 7. We all loved the view from the upstairs balcony. Our friends came up w/ their two young children to watch the fireworks from the balcony - it was great . The beds should have fitted sheets. We had to ask for more towels. They should add racks to hang up towels and bathing suits, there is plenty of room for this to be done. Parking was a bother, the spaces are way too close. They had four gas grills that were hooked up to a main line, we have stayed at four other places and the grills were constantly running out of propane. Storage was limited in the bedrooms. The location is convient, it is close to a playground if you have young kids. We walked to the basketball courts and the girls played a pick up game with some of the local kids.

We've already put in a deposit for next year as did our friends.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bellstoes
Rochelle Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2010

This was our first time staying at the Shalimar. We picked it because of the pool with the diving board and slide and because they had mini-golf for the kids. We stayed for 4 nights and had a great time. The kids loved being so close to the beach and then coming back to the Shalimar to swim, jump off the board and go down the slde. Our family enjoyed grilling by the pool and playing LOTS of mini golf. My only suggestion is that they purhase some fitted sheets for the beds. Every morning the sheets on both beds were all off b/c they were only tucked in (not fitted).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Trevose, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Let me start by saying I am no stranger to Wildwood, been going there for years{since childhood} and never had any problems that is until staying at the Shalimar. The hotel looked nice from the outside , close to the beach, pool etc. Well as the saying goes don't judge a book by its cover. The room was filthy, especially the kitchen. We made the best of it though even when we didn't have a parking space returning from the boardwalk we're told oh well You should have come back earlier. but the icing on the cake was when we returned home a couple of weeks later when my credit card statement came there was a 250.00 charge having known about the smoking charge {none of us were smokers} I figured there must have been a mistake so I called, they told me it wasn't because of smoking but because apparently I stole the bedskirt from the room. I was demanding to speak to a manager they kept saying she'll call me back and didn't so I kept calling and basically started harrassing them until they gave me my money back . It took three days of me caliing them every five minutes round the clock. I wasn't going to let them get away with this. Let's just say because of the Shalimar I have not nor will I ever go to Wildwood ever again. For all the money I've spent going there I could have been on an island somewhere much nicer with much better customer service

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family